Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Premier League 2010

Options
  • 02-01-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

After tonights quarter final results in the world championships am i right in the line out for the prem league after adding the prize money of WC to the order of merit.

1 TAYLOR, Phil England £884,942 + semi or final prizemoney
    2 BARNEVELD, R V Holland £245,079 + semi or final prizemoney
    3 WADE, James England £240,975 + £30,000 = £270,975
    4 PART, John Canada £177,611 + £10,000 = £187,611
    5 JENKINS, Terry England £165,578 + £15,000 = £180,578
    6 BAXTER, Ronnie England £150,513 + £30,000 = £180,513

7 LEWIS, Adrian England £147,429 + £30,000 = £177,429
    8 KING, Mervyn England £159,579 + £10,000 = £169,579

id say Witlock is a sure bet for the wild card with Lewis, Anderson and maybe Webster for the other spot. Prob will be Witlock & Lewis as wildcards.
    The only way Webster or Witlock would qualify automaticlly if they win the World Championships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

The Bull wrote: »
    After tonights quarter final results in the world championships am i right in the line out for the prem league after adding the prize money of WC to the order of merit.

1 TAYLOR, Phil England £884,942 + semi or final prizemoney
    2 BARNEVELD, R V Holland £245,079 + semi or final prizemoney
    3 WADE, James England £240,975 + £30,000 = £270,975
    4 PART, John Canada £177,611 + £10,000 = £187,611
    5 JENKINS, Terry England £165,578 + £15,000 = £180,578
    6 BAXTER, Ronnie England £150,513 + £30,000 = £180,513
    7 LEWIS, Adrian England £147,429 + £30,000 = £177,429
    8 KING, Mervyn England £159,579 + £10,000 = £169,579

id say Witlock is a sure bet for the wild card with Lewis, Anderson and maybe Webster for the other spot. Prob will be Witlock & Lewis as wildcards.
    The only way Webster or Witlock would qualify automaticlly if they win the World Championships.

Don't think you are right there mate, cause they reckon that Part could drop out of the top 20.

The Order of Merit ie. The World Rankings are calculated on a two year basis, so taking Part for example, you would have to disregard his win in 2007 where he won £100000(??) so his earnings between the end of the '07 Championships and the end of the '09 Championships would only be £87,611.

Taylor, Barney and Wade are guaranteed spots anyway. I'd imagine King and Lewis are shoe ins. I reckon Jenkins and Whitlock will get in also and it may be between Baxter and maybe Anderson for the other spot...

Baxter may actually get in automatically, it all depends on the rankings after this.... All i know is that i will boycott it if Mardle gets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

Dream Premier League Line up

Taylor
    Barney
    Wade
    Lewis
    King
    Whitlock
    Anderson
    Jenkins or Webster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

This is the premier league line up i got off a UK darts site last night after the quarter finals were finished; 1. Taylor 2. Barneveld 3. Wade 4. T Jenkins 5. King 6. Baxter. Those players listed there are the current top 6 in the PDC Order Of Merit. If Whitlock or Webster win the World Championship Baxter will be knocked off the top 6 and lose his place. There are 2 wildcard places available.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Niall_76

It will be a tough enough decision for the wildcard places now that whitlock has done what some people were expecting Anderson to do and he's moving over soon. Lewis has played really well and the pdc will want Anderson for the scottish nights.

Whoever gets the nod it looks like the wildcards wont be the walkovers they turned out to be last year so it should lead to a very interesting league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

So long as it's not Mardle for the wildcard, then I wouldn't mind who'll get them.

I would like to see Whitlock and maybe Anderson/Thornton. The nights in Scotland will get very rowdy then :D.

• Advertisement

So Baxter is pretty much guaranteed a spot?

I'd imagine Lewis will definately be in it, hopefully with Whitlock.

The only thing that could change this is if the winner of the BDO World Championships defects to the PDC... in that case, he would be almost guaranteed a spot also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Degag wrote: »
    Baxter may actually get in automatically, it all depends on the rankings after this.... All i know is that i will boycott it if Mardle gets in.

Theres no way they will have mardle in it again! He f**ked up the whole competition last year.
    The only thing that could change this is if the winner of the BDO World Championships defects to the PDC... in that case, he would be almost guaranteed a spot also.

Why would the BDO champion even be considered if he moved? Klassen only got a premier league place for 1st time last season!

I think it would be a joke to offer Anderson(especially), Thornton or Whitlock(no matter how well he has played) a wildcard into the league.

As already said, Klassen was BDO world champion, crossed the divide and only got a wildcard last year. Anderson/Thornton/Whitlock have never achieved this. There are only 2 league nights in Scotland, why should either Anderson or Thornton get a place due to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

i hope anderson gets a spot with whitlock, they generate excitment and hopefully it will get anderson used to the big crowds so he can live up to his potential, i duno how thornton would even be considerd, he offers nothing

sc86 wrote: »
    i duno how thornton would even be considerd, he offers nothing

how about the fact that Thornton has been more successful in the PDC than Anderson?

If your thinking Thornton's been in PDC a year longer, then just compare their 1st year tournaments

I would love to see Dennis Pristley get a farewell in this year's premier league. Short enough format, he would know basically what time his game is at(don't have him on last), could make a few waves

Devastator wrote: »
    Theres no way they will have mardle in it again! He f**ked up the whole competition last year.

They recken alot of people love him and come to see him.... his merchandise sells well also.

Why would the BDO champion even be considered if he moved? Klassen only got a premier league place for 1st time last season!

I think it would be a joke to offer Anderson(especially), Thornton or Whitlock(no matter how well he has played) a wildcard into the league.

As already said, Klassen was BDO world champion, crossed the divide and only got a wildcard last year. Anderson/Thornton/Whitlock have never achieved this. There are only 2 league nights in Scotland, why should either Anderson or Thornton get a place due to that?

Barney got a wildcard just after he moved and he was after losing the World final. It would be a massive draw for the PDC to have two simultanious world champions in the Premier League.

Klaasen got in last year because he got to the semis of the Worlds, i think he was only 19th in the World.

At the end of the day, the PDC are going to give the wildcards to the people who will generate the most interest/controvercy/buy rates, not necessarily the person who most deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Barney got a wildcard just after he moved and he was after losing the World final.

Ted Hankey, Martin Adams, Tony O'Shea, Scott Waites etc =/ Barney.

The reason Barney got a wildcard that year was because the PDC, and the fans, had been waiting years to see him in the PDC for the rivalry with Taylor. Even as an 8yo, the only two names I knew in darts were Taylor and Barney.

With so many BDO top names defecting, these days, the novelty has worn off. It's been drilled into the casual viewers head that the BDO are a step down from the PDC. Their world champions start out from the bottom and, I suspect, the likes of Barry Hearne are delighted when they fail to dominate or make a massive impact on the circuit. Even the likes of Simon Whitlock have now credited the PDC with their success.

Having the BDO world champion in the Premier League wouldn't turn any heads aside from the darts purists like everyone here. It's much more beneficiary to the PDC to have them start at the bottom, work their way up and become PDC-ified before going into the PL.

So, the story is that

Taylor
    Barnevald
    Wade
    Jenkins
    King
    Baxter

have qualified?

Can anyone look past Whitlock and Lewis?

Whitlock has to be in it and i doubt they'd put Webster in before Lewis.... Only challenger to him is Anderson, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

how about the fact that Thornton has been more successful in the PDC than Anderson?

If your thinking Thornton's been in PDC a year longer, then just compare their 1st year tournaments

yes but the pdc arnt building thornton up to challange taylor, its anderson, hes in with a chance on pure potential only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

sc86 wrote: »
    yes but the pdc arnt building thornton up to challange taylor, its anderson, hes in with a chance on pure potential only...

Thornton got a set from Taylor, that makes him the third beat player in the world on current form imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭celt262

I have seen on another Forum that O'shea is a shoe in for a PL spot if he can win the BDO, that however may only be hear say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 paulof1985

hi all,

firstly may I say, great final last night. I think Taylor really lived upto his 1/25 odds when at 2 all he seemed to hit another gear that whitlock was just missing and began to tear away. i think there were 3, 170 checkouts and a couple 160+ by both players. admittedly taylors doubles werent as good as we've seen but great entertainment from both players. Whitlocks first 3 darts seemed to let him down way to much and as the match progressed it seemed the difference in the two players. i taught whitlock was very calm and professional on his doubles way better than i expected with a few brilliant checkouts using the bull aswell.

i think

Taylor
    Barnevald
    Wade
    Jenkins
    King
    Baxter

would be a great league, and i would have to add whitlock as a wildcard.
    barnie to me looked sluggish and tired last night and i hope he comes back rejuvinated and as hungry as ever to put it up to taylor in the league.

would like to see part in the league aswell as he's just naturally a great darts player and great bloke aswell, he threw a bit of tungsten in my local when he was over for citywest and got knocked out early. he came back 3 nights in a row and was great craic.

have already done citywest, belfast, newcastle and hope to get over to liverpool this year for the league. heard its one of the best.

heres to another great year of darts for us all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's pretty much nailed on that it's going to be Whitlock and Lewis as the wildcards.

I really can't see anybody else getting a place.

Whitlock confirmed at tonights pdc dinner/awards.

story on pdc.tv

Delighted for Whitlock. Think Lewis will get the other Wildcard but tbh. i'd rather if Anderson or even O'Shea;) got it.... Webster could be an outsider for it also i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Lewis should get it for me, the averages he was throwing at the World Championships was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Delighted for Whitlock. Think Lewis will get the other Wildcard but tbh. i'd rather if Anderson or even O'Shea;) got it.... Webster could be an outsider for it also i guess.

Lewis defo deserves this, with respect to Whitlock had jackpot been in that half of the draw he would have been in the final imo. On form I think he's the second best player in the world atm.

Anderson is a big time bottler and as for Tony o Shea, is there anyone around with less personality. Might as well give the wildcard to Denis Ovens

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted Whitlock got in, he was consistently brilliant at the WC and will be a real challenger for the Premier League crown. Bit of a character as well which always helps!

roll on Feb 25th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

roll on Feb 25th :D

just looking at your location how many can u put up for the night? :D

robbie1977 wrote: »
    just looking at your location how many can u put up for the night? :D

hahaha! Aslong as nobody minds getting kicked out at 7am as I've a flight to catch :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Taylor, Barney, Wade, King, Jenkins, Baxter, Whitlock and Anderson it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ShaneGooner88

Anderson got the last wildcard ahead of Ade? That's a joke, out of the above list of entries he could very possibly finish last.

Bar Taylor, Ade Lewis can beat anybody from the above list.

where did you hear that, because there is nothing at all about Anderson on PDC website

Also from the above list, anyone of them are capable of beating Lewis aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

i have been saying for ages that anderson would get in because of the scottish connection with the sponcers . i think there is 2 or 3 nights in scotland it will be great for the croud to have a scottish man to cheer for.

• Advertisement

Anderson got the last wildcard ahead of Ade?
    pejesus wrote: »
    i have been saying for ages that anderson would get in

so he's not got the wildcard and its just your opinion ...... why exactly are you posting that he has got it then? :rolleyes:

Advertisement