Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long You's Been Playing...?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Been playing a good 18 months myself on and off taking breaks in between for broken Darts etc and was wondering if ya's could throw some advice my way?

Just wonderin if ya every tamper with your throw cause I nearly fling all 3 arrows with different technique at this stage and finding it tough to find one way and stick with it.

Also how long did it takes ya's to score your first 180? As I said 18 months on and off and still haven't hit one, dozens of 140s but always bottle it when I'm goin for the maximum.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

6 months or so. Took 4 til my first 180 and throw them regularly enough now. You just gotta keep practicing til you find your throw that works then keep practicing at that. When the first two darts go into the T20 don't think about it just relax and keep throwing

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I've had my board about 18 months too. I go through patches where i'll throw a few nights in a row and then stop for months. My board is in the shed and was covered in mould the other day when i went out for the first time in a long while. Spend more time reading darts books than i do playing. Think i need to find a league or something to keep me playing but i'm a bit brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

You definitely need to find a throwing style that feels comfortable and stick with it. In my case I was always throwing darts growing up and hit my first 180 at 11 or 12 years old (there's a photo some place with the time and date), if your hitting 140's it will come pretty soon, it's all about controlling the adrenaline rush on the last dart. Find a dart, stem flight and throwing style that feels right and practice like mad, once you have it it'll stay with you forever to some degree, although regular practice is definitely the only way to keep improving.

Advertisement