Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor to dominate for next 30 years?

Options
  • 26-12-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/othersport/view/114233/Phil-Taylor-prepping-son-Christopher/
    Phil TAYLOR is planning for his darts dynasty to live on long after he retires – in the form of his son Christopher.

#bodycopy A { FONT-SIZE: 12px}

‘The Power’ hits his own bullseye in 2010 when he reaches 50 in August and has no plans to quit.

But for those opponents hoping the name Taylor will eventually disappear ... forget it.

Christopher Taylor practises with his dad each day and could be on the circuit within the next two years.

His father said: “He’s not world championship material yet, but he’s not bad.

“He’s not good enough to join the circuit, but he’s not far off.

“Believe it or not, Christopher is the same age, 26, that I started playing seriously. How strange is that?”

He is learning from the master because his full-time job is working with the multiple world champion.

Yesterday, before Christmas lunch at the local golf club in Crewe, the Taylors were on the board preparing for dad’s second round match tomorrow against Steve Hine at the Ladbrokes.com world championship.

Taylor practises for around four hours every day – a routine that has made him the sport’s greatest player.

He is chasing his 15th world title and will back his son all the way.

Taylor said: “He’s told me he’d love to be a darts player and I’d love him to be one.

“I’ll be giving him all the help and encouragement he needs.

“The only thing that’s holding him back at the moment is that he’s not quite good enough.

“He takes after his mother, not his dad!

“But his other problem is that he’s young and courting. I’ve told him he should have darts on his mind, not girls. He’s the only one who can carry on the legacy because my other three children are all girls.

“They’re more interested in handbags than darts.”

There is no sign of Taylor bowing out. He has even talked of playing on until he is 60 in a sport which has turned this former ceramics factory worker into a multi-millionaire.

He added: “I want to continue winning tournaments, but an ambition is to see Christopher become a successful professional darts player.

“I’d love to see him get to a final and beat Peter Manley 7-0!”

It would be one of the sport’s biggest sensations if Taylor loses tomorrow at the Alexandra Palace against Coventry baker Hine.

But ‘The Muffin Man’, 40, beat experienced Dutchman Roland Scholten 3-2 in the first round and said: “I can’t wait for the chance to face The Guv’nor on TV.”

They have met three times before and Taylor has won them all.

Its amazing! Phil Taylor, when talking about another darter has not said "He's a good little player!" :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

god help us, another taylor, thats all we need.:(

anyway even if he does play til he is 60, he is goin to find it alot harder cos he will get tired more as he gets older, having said that he will prob still be s**thot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Devastator wrote: »
    Its amazing! Phil Taylor, when talking about another darter has not said "He's a good little player!" :eek:

Or mentioning, Ricky Hattan ,Robbie Williams and John Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

jamesbere wrote: »
    god help us, another taylor, thats all we need.:(

anyway even if he does play til he is 60, he is goin to find it alot harder cos he will get tired more as he gets older, having said that he will prob still be s**thot.

Probably find he'll limit himself to big tv tournaments and play very few players championships....if anything.
    EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Or mentioning, Ricky Hattan ,Robbie Williams and John Terry.

or Ronnie O'Sulivan, Stephen Gateley's dead da or anything else remotely famous :D He is funny though! I always get a laugh wondering who he will name drop next....could be a very good drinking game!

Advertisement