Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Wade....what a guy!

Options
  • 23-12-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

I never really understood why people didn't like Wade, or said he was arrogant. He also seemed quite friendly and civil towards his opponent....but in the following case I can forgive arrogance :D

As captain of England, John Terry is known to millions but that did not prevent the Chelsea defender from being snubbed when saying hello to darts player James Wade at a chemist in Surrey. "I thought it was someone trying to be a pest so I gave him the flick," explained Wade. "But a few hours later he texted my girlfriend with the message 'How rude is your other half?'. I've never been so embarrassed in my life."

Taken from BBC gossip column today :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have the utmost respect for Wade after that. Can't stand John Terry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I have the utmost respect for Wade after that. Can't stand John Terry!

Yeah!! If its not for his ma shoplifting he's taking backhanders for tours of their training ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Devastator wrote: »
    I never really understood why people didn't like Wade, or said he was arrogant. He also seemed quite friendly and civil towards his opponent....but in the following case I can forgive arrogance :D

Wade misses is your one from Soccer AM - Helen Chamberlain or so i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Vanbis wrote: »
    Wade misses is your one from Soccer AM - Helen Chamberlain or so i heard.

Nothing gets past you , does it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Antoine56 wrote: »

Nope :). It was a rumour at last years PDC World Championships

And yeah that Johy Terry is a blah,blah... you know.

• Advertisement

Antoine56 wrote: »

Tis the season to be.......arsey? :confused:

Yeah she's been shown in the audience(players section) at few different events(league, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Yeah Wade seems like such a nice bloke. Lets forget its John Terry. He thinks a fan approaches him in a shop and gives him the brush. Yeah real nice guy there.
    Arrogant pr**k

Yeah Wade seems like such a nice bloke. Lets forget its John Terry. He thinks a fan approaches him in a shop and gives him the brush. Yeah real nice guy there.
    Arrogant pr**k

Yeah and I suppose if it were you in the same situation, standing in a chemist buying pile cream(or some other personal medical issue) you would welcome a fan with open arms? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I'd like to think I would at least say hello and maybe point out their catching me at a slightly inapproriate moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

In fairness it was bad form of Wade to completely blank the fan irrespective if it was John Terry or Joe Bloggs. He should at least say hello to whoever it is that approaches him. It doesn't take much to do that.

It's not as if darts players are worldwide superstars who are mobbed all the time.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tis the season to be.......arsey? :confused:

Yeah she's been shown in the audience(players section) at few different events(league, etc).

Really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yeah!! If its not for his ma shoplifting he's taking backhanders for tours of their training ground

Don't forget John Terrys drug dealing Dad,

John Terrys dad sells cocaine

Sounds like an ideal family to be on Jeremy Bile...sorry....kyle show :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

James Wade was the guy i use to model myself after,he was always cool under pressure and always done his best now after hearing that somedays he just doesn't want to play darts is a big slap in the face to every dart player, lost all respect for the man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Double Top wrote: »
    James Wade was the guy i use to model myself after,he was always cool under pressure and always done his best now after hearing that somedays he just doesn't want to play darts is a big slap in the face to every dart player, lost all respect for the man

Where did he say that?

All the commentator's kept saying it during the world championship, that some days he turns up and says he's not in the mood for darts today..i really really hope it's not true but i think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Don't see why you would lose respect for him over a comment like that.

If you eat sleep and breathe anything there will be days where you dont feel 100% in love with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Wade was always laid back and matter of fact about darts, its that easy going attitude that's got him this far and a bed at the lovely Helen's mansion. Not bad for a £300 @week Quick Fit Fitter. Still looks the best long term opponent out there for Taylor !!
    Strange to then seeing English fans booing him in his own country.
    Also listening to some of the soccer chants going on while players are playing it looks as if the much larger venue at the Pally is just a p#ss up for a lotta guys who wouldn't know a dartboard if it fell on their toes :):)

mdwexford wrote: »
    Don't see why you would lose respect for him over a comment like that.

If you eat sleep and breathe anything there will be days where you dont feel 100% in love with it.

yea think your right, maybe it's just cause it's my dream to be a pro and then hearing someone who i think has the best job in the world saying he's not in the mood for it get's my back up a little. lost all respect maybe a little much but he has gone down a little in my book (just my opinion)

• Advertisement

Seems James's personality is at it again.

Source
    James Wade and Simon Whitlock had earlier clashed on and off the oche as the Australian caused a major upset.

Whitlock, nicknamed ‘The Wizard’, concocted the perfect spell to beat world No3 Wade 5-3 at the Alexandra Palace, but tensions exploded during this Ashes duel.

Whitlock said England’s Wade stepped into him on stage and when the players left for an interval, they exchanged words.

Whitlock, a Sydney qualifier and former BDO runner-up, said: “I think of the cricket and all the sledging. But James is a feisty character and does not like losing.

“He backed into me and I gave him a nudge. It was gamesmanship. He said something at the break that was not very nice. It didn’t involve the word ‘Pom’ because I have English blood in me. It doesn’t bother me.”

Whitlock’s mother and father emigrated from England 50 years ago but he has returned to make a stunning impact.

He left the BDO at the start of 2009 to rejoin the PDC, where he had played until 2003, and has produced amazing darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Wade looked like a bit of an idiot roaring in Whitlock's face a couple of times. Didnt see any contact made myself but Whitlock did tap his shoulder a few times after big shots.

Was some game though and although i wouldnt be wade's biggest fan you have to admire the way he dug in under the onslaught.most players wouldve just crumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Can we change the thread title to reflect reality...

"James Wade....what an obnoxious cnuting twat!"

Anyone that makes me side with John Terry must be a complete wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bristow was on soccer am this morning so they were talking about the darts and wades otherhalf (helan chamberland) was very bitter in defeat
    when she was talking about the match yesterday.
    she claimed whitlocks long pony tail was irritating her all during the match :confused:
    Id say it was the 180's that whitlock was throwing that was irritating her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

robbie1977 wrote: »

:) I am delighted that I now wont have to look at her again for another year.

Bristow was on soccer am this morning so they were talking about the darts and wades otherhalf (helan chamberland) was very bitter in defeat

First thing she said on the show this morning was that she hated all Australians, she must have something wrong with hers if shes still going out with James Wade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Would have to agree that Wade went way over the top with his celebrations. It's good to have a bit of fire in the belly but the way he was roaring and staring Whitlock down was bang out of order. Myadmiration for Whitlock went way up again though, he just carried on like nothing had happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

With all the rumours about John Terry and his dads illegal activities, Wade probably thought Terry was trying to sell hom some coke....

she claimed whitlocks long pony tail was irritating her all during the match :confused:

she's a woman, I don't believe her species understand sports. Anyone ever look at BBC football's live text when they have some woman doing the updates? ABSOLUTE NONSENSE! Instead of saying whats happening in the actual football she talks about where players wifes are going shopping :rolleyes: and how annoyed she gets if a player doesn't change into a 'clean' shirt.
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    :) I am delighted that I now wont have to look at her again for another year.

she weighs into some premier league nights and sly sports had her doing interviews at uk open last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭briany

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during Wade's video insert? Not his walk on music but that little video that plays just before he's about to come on.

Advertisement