Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 Mile Soundtrack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hip-Hop movie soundtracks or Hip-Hop movie soundtracks?

If you're looking for real old school stuff Wild Style has a decent soundtrack.
    If you like Biggie then the Notorious soundtrack is perfect.
    Office Space has some quality tracks on it.
    Above the Rim again is decent. Doesn't have Pain on it though which always annoyed me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Makaveli wrote: »
    Hip-Hop movie soundtracks or Hip-Hop movie soundtracks?

If you're looking for real old school stuff Wild Style has a decent soundtrack.
    If you like Biggie then the Notorious soundtrack is perfect.
    Office Space has some quality tracks on it.
    Above the Rim again is decent. Doesn't have Pain on it though which always annoyed me.
    here here for Office Space.

Juice
    Murder Was The Case
    Dont Be A Menace
    Trespass
    Blade (Hip Hop & Rock Mashups)
    Menace II Society
    CB4 - some comedy trax on it

That's all i can think of right now

Seeing you mention Hip-Hop - Rock mashups, Judgement Night fits the bill.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seeing you mention Hip-Hop - Rock mashups, Judgement Night fits the bill.
    indeed it does, great movie too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

I have never got the soundtracks to these films - He Got Game by Spike Lee and Boiler Room but the music throughout is quality so imagine soundtrack is likewise

EDIT: Just checked Boiler Room soundtrack and my memory seems to be good http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181984/soundtrack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Colors.

He Got Game is all by Public Enemy as far as i remember.

Another soundtrack, which is not really a soundtrack is Prince Paul's A Prince Among Thieves. Absolutely brilliant, guest spots from all the legends and Breezly Brewin offereing vocals on most of the songs as the main character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He Got Game is all by Public Enemy as far as i remember.

Another soundtrack, which is not really a soundtrack is Prince Paul's A Prince Among Thieves. Absolutely brilliant, guest spots from all the legends and Breezly Brewin offereing vocals on most of the songs as the main character.

Was very disappointed with this album, seeing the guest spots I had high hopes for it. It does have some standouts though, including 'Handle Your time' w/ Xzibit & Sadat X and the one about the PD with Everlast.

Speaking of soundtracks, the movie New Jersey Drive has a brilliant soundtrack, there's CD1 and CD2 and they're both worth having. Good film too.

Was very disappointed with this album, seeing the guest spots I had high hopes for it. It does have some standouts though, including 'Handle Your time' w/ Xzibit & Sadat X and the one about the PD with Everlast.

Speaking of soundtracks, the movie New Jersey Drive has a brilliant soundtrack, there's CD1 and CD2 and they're both worth having. Good film too.

Yeah NJD 1 & 2 are great, crooklyn dodgers are on it!
    There was also the Rhyme & Reason soundtrack out about the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Ghost dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I'm pretty sure pain was B side on Regulate by Warrren G and Nate, great song.

I heard the American Gangster one is good, all Jay Z.

I have the song it's just a pet peeve of mine that a lot of the time the better songs in films aren't licensed for the soundtrack release.

American Gangster isn't the soundtrack. Jay-Z wrote it as a soundtrack for the film, it's like an inspiration. None of the tracks feature in the film itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Cradle to the Grave has some really good tracks on it by DMX, G-Unit, MOP & CNN, Foxy Brown and Joe Budden. There's a lot of filler on it too, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

ghost dog is probably the best ive heard

also check out the japanese version for some neat extra instrumental stuff from the rza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Cradle to the Grave has some really good tracks on it by DMX, G-Unit, MOP & CNN, Foxy Brown and Joe Budden. There's a lot of filler on it too, though.
    You're right there man thanks, DMX is a good rapper, some good songs on that soundtrack. Would I be right in saying he fcucked up off crack? Pity. Question is: Is Cradle to the Grave worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Jigga wrote: »
    Question is: Is Cradle to the Grave worth watching?

NO!!!

Hustle and Flow if you haven't seen it is tho IMO

NO!!!

Hustle and Flow if you haven't seen it is tho IMO

Cradle to the Grave is one of those movies where you leave your brain turned off.

Hustle and Flow is not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Hustle and Flow is not too bad.

True, but its a bit soulless to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

Ghost dog is great song lads

Advertisement