Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer should I brew next?

Options
  • 18-12-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have recently dove (dived, diven, doved?) head first into home brewing and have to decide what beer to brew next. I have successfully brewed a St. Arnold's Amber, an Irish Red, an American Brown, and a honey Amber (extremely delicious).
    The options I'm currently considering are:
    Kolsch
    English Brown
    Weizen Bock (as an ale)
    Honey Wheat
    Hefeweizen
    Octoberfest (although I'm thinking about holding off on this one for a month so it will be in it's prime for December)
    Thoughts or other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Stout

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Whoa there just one minute, buddy.

We can't just advise you what to brew without a full report on what the others tasted like (prefereably a sample - PM me :D).

Personally, I am a Kolsch man. But that's more a Summer beer, so that's not going to work in this weather.

Honey wheat sounds good, but it again sounds a bit "Summery".

So, it sounds like is has to be any of the darker one, specifically Weizen Bock.

Go for it I say and report back.

Advertisement