Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

Options
  • 12-12-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

So what are people's little secret non-vegan/vegetarian things that you take a guilty sort of pleasure in? A leather handbag you love but know you shouldn't, those lovely scented candles you *forgot* to check, remembering how you loved the feel of your mother's old fur coat, popping a few surreptitious marshmallows into your hot chocolate, going to the zoo......for me it's my boyfriend's eiderdown duvets, I lie there knowing I shouldn't love the way they feel all snuggled up in them, all comfy and warm and guilty, but excuse myself by telling myself they're his blankets, not mine, so it doesn't count......
    So what are everyone else's guilty little pleasures?;)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I went to the zoo, didn't feel particularly happy about it. Don't indulge in anything else you say. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

There are leather seats and steering wheel in my vehicle but I take no pleasure from it.
    I give a thought to the animal concerned most times I take the wheel. I do not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

was in hotel for xmas party friday night and the pillows and duvet where filled with feathers, im allergic to them but they must of been treated i didnt take a reaction. softest nights sleep ever! poor birdies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've been craving a big bowl of cold jelly for... I'd say going on 4 months now. I have yet to give in though! Christmas will be hard, my mam normally makes a big trifle :(

I won't give in. I won't give in. I won't give in!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've been craving a big bowl of cold jelly for... I'd say going on 4 months now. I have yet to give in though! Christmas will be hard, my mam normally makes a big trifle :(

I lovexd eating teh squares straight from teh packets. Haave you tried veggie jelly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I lovexd eating teh squares straight from teh packets. Haave you tried veggie jelly?

um... excuse my being here, but what in god's name is in jelly that makes it non-veggie??

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

um... excuse my being here, but what in god's name is in jelly that makes it non-veggie??

Gelatine is an animal based product, and damned good it is too.

Gelatin, derived from skin/bone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Gelatin, derived from skin/bone
    Geeee, I was thinking about having a late night yogurt snack, saw Tar's post pop-up, and now, after reading it, not hungry at all!

Hate when it's in yogurt bluey! Not in ireland for xmas no? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hate when it's in yogurt bluey! Not in ireland for xmas no? :p
    Was sick a bit awhile back, and now playing catch-up at university. So no Irish season's greetings for me this year... will wait till summer.

Oh... my ultimate guilty pleasure (to eat... not other things;)) are fresh plump strawberries dipped in chocolate. Whoa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Has to be cheese for me! Eggs, milk and yoghurt I can very happily live without, but a bit of cheese every once in a while is brilliant :D though over the past few months I've felt sick any time I have it. Might be something to do with the fact that when I do eat it I eat a lot of it...

Was sick a bit awhile back, and now playing catch-up at university. So no Irish season's greetings for me this year... will wait till summer.

Oh... my ultimate guilty pleasure (to eat... not other things;)) are fresh plump strawberries dipped in chocolate. Whoa!
    See you then missy...from afar ;)
    Has to be cheese for me! Eggs, milk and yoghurt I can verily happily live without, but a bit of cheese every once in a while is brilliant :D though over the past few months I've felt sick any time I have it. Might be something to do with the fact that when I do eat it I eat a lot of it...

Here is my guilty pleasure here :pac:

I think that I have seen veg trifle in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    There are leather seats and steering wheel in my vehicle but I take no pleasure from it.
    Same here, there's even ruched leather on the doors... well I do take some pleaseure from the tactile comfort of it but then that's the thread title innit?

Guinness and wine would be mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

jellies.

im cutting them out fully in the new year, going properly vegan. i will now admit to buying more icecream/yoghurt/jellies now, while im still 'allowed' (yes i know im only fooling myself, but shhh! it's working!)

Advertisement