Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 3rd Annual BGRH Awards - The Bellies 2009 Nominations Thread

Options
  • 12-12-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭

Hangovers from work Christmas parties abound and Santa is in the shops hoping that assorted over-excited 5 year olds don't pee on him while they're sitting on his lap, so it can only mean one thing - it's time for the 2009 Bellies!

As ever, the great and the good, plus the usual rabble that hangs around these parts will fight it out for one of these much coveted awards:

BU040_c.jpg

As a reminder, the winners last year were:

Thread of the Year - The Wit and Wisdom of Pa Trout

Mod of the Year - Brother trout

Event of the Year - The bar moving to the Pagan forum for Good Friday

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - Honorary Brothers monkeyfudge / Wibbs

Brotherette of the Year - Brotherette Lucy Lu

Brother of the Year - Brother smashey

There was also the inaugural BGRH Lunchtime Achievement Award, which very deservedly went to The Recliner.

So all we need now are nominations for the following categories:

Brother of the Year
    Brotherette of the Year
    Mod of the Year
    Thread of the Year
    Event of the Year
    Non-BGRH Poster of the Year

We won't be taking nominations in the Lunchtime Achievement category as it will be decided by a special jury of elder Brethren, should it be awarded at all. However feel free to add your own categories should you wish. Only one nomination per category please and obviously you can't nominate yourself.

Nominations close at midday on Sunday, 20th December, the day after the beers, and I'll put up voting threads shortly afterwards.

Zaph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thank you, Brother Zaph.

Thread of the Year - Guess the boobage. Can't remember why. Sorry, what was the question?

Mod of the Year - Brother Robbo. Omnipresent. Or is it omnipotent? Or omniplex, I dunno.

Event of the Year - The trip to Dusseldorf. The BGRH equivalent of the Hajj pilgrimage. The trip to the Promised Land by the BGRH faithful to fulfil their moral obligation to gorge on all manner of pork products, washed down nicely with the finest beers in the world. Oh, and a brilliant weekend had by all.

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - DeVore - Apparently, he is a lurker.

Brotherette of the Year - janeybabe - just because.

Brother of the Year - Brother DarkJager - always appears with a few witty words and pretty awesome tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Brother of the Year: Zaph because he chose to live close to a butchers that sells good ribs.

Brotherette of the Year: Cathooo. She has teh pretty. And teh rasher sammiches.

Mod of the Year: Tom Dunne. He continues to mod despite being in a country that seems to have more alcohol than Ireland does. That shows dedication.

Thread of the Year: Guess the Boobage brought hours of entertainment.

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year: Monkey Panda. He doesn't have an account. Or fingers. But he made a cameo in this post.

Event of the Year: Düsseldorf. My first and second beers. :) The scene of my first meeting with my current love, Cathooo.

I would also like to nominate smashey for Protector and All-Round Secks Machine of the Year. I think you all know why. :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, time for a few more nominations

Thread of the Year - Nothing can really compete with the Guess the boobage thread, can it?

Mod of the Year - Brother Robbo for his outstanding adherence to the policy of Non-Interventionism, as expounded by the likes of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

Event of the Year - The Allied BGRH invasion of Germany. The altbier. The pork. The bacon pancakes. The altbier. The craic. The altbier. Oh, and I found myself a wimmins thanks to that trip. How much better does it get? Did I mention the altbier btw?

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - Dr. Bollocko. I'm sure I'll think of a good reason why eventually.

Brotherette of the Year - Obviously it can only be janeybabe for making the best darn ribs that have ever been made in my kitchen. Admittedly there wasn't much competition as this wasn't something I'd ever attempted myself. Who knew that big red button on the wall turned on the power for the oven?

Brother of the Year - Brother Tom Dunne for his unswerving dedication to bringing alcohol and pork products to those less fortunate than ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Brother of the Year - smashey. Again.

smashey wrote: »
    Brother of the Year - smashey. Again.

Sorry Brother smashey, but canvassing will disqualify you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry Brother smashey, but canvassing will disqualify you.

I wouldn't usually make professions such as the following, but this kind of thing is why I love you.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

My nominations are as follows

Brother of the Year
    Brother Tom Dunne for spreading the lessons of The Brotherhood to a part of the world known for abstenance and lack of Pork, that is true dedication
    Also for bringing The Brothers to our own Promised Land with that trip to Dusseldorf

Brotherette of the Year
    This one is obvious, Cathooo (Sorry Janey)

Mod of the Year
    Thaedydal, she might be a Wimmins but she is a bloody good one who looks after the Brethern

Thread of the Year
    Proper Order Pictures

Event of the Year
    BGRH on Tour, Dusseldorf will never be the same again, I cried over Pork, made friends with a hot bar wench, we think we met Wibbs Dad and I got hugged by a giant stranger

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year
    Dr Bollocko, though he does post on occasion

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Brother of the Year - Brother Tom Dunne for his dedication to the cause, such examples include moving abroad just so we have an excuse for a shindig for his leaving party.. and then coming home again for christmas so we can have another :pac:
    Brotherette of the Year - i dare not choose between cath and janey, i like my young life intact (psst, i pick cathooo)
    Mod of the Year - Thaedydal, any woman who holds such power over the men and brothers deserves such praise
    Thread of the Year - Boobage by far
    Event of the Year - i cant pick dusseldorf as i wasn't there :( but Tom Dunne's departure beers was an epic one for me
    Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - Dr. Bollocko for this random posts every now and again,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Brother of the Year Has to be The Recliner. A man not afraid to weep openly while consuming vast quantities of pork. Honerable mention to brother trout for being the first to suggest dessert after consuming vast quantities of pork.

Brotherette of the Year janeybabe (if only because I met her minutes before cathoo and Lucy_lu)

Mod of the Year Thaed has teh scary.....

Thread of the Year Misleading thread titles always makes me snigger.

Event of the Year Family day at Hooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Brother of the Year - Tom Dunne posting through the far off sands.
    Brotherette of the Year - Lucy lu for putting up with Tom Dunne and the far off sands.
    Mod of the Year - Robbo.
    Thread of the Year - Guess the Boobage
    Event of the Year- " The Lock In" Smashey and Tom Dunne thinking they had closed the bar to the wimmins and demanding rasher sambos, while the wimmins were locked out.
    Non-BGRH Poster of the Year Our most lurkiest of lurkers, DeVore, maybe if he gets a belly he'll come stand a round in the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Brother of the Year - Old Goat, what a gent.
    Brotherette of the Year - Janey, the bringer of fun and frolics!
    Mod of the Year - trout, the advisor on the cooking of pork knuckle
    Event of the Year - Free Hugs in Dussledorf, what an epic few days, looking forward to the next one.
    May I suggest a category of Best Newcomer of the Year - Juke, genuinely lovely lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Brother of the Year - Zaph
    Brotherette of the Year - Lucy Lu
    Mod of the Year - trout
    Event of the Year - Dusseldorf
    Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - Dr. Bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thread of the Year - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, The bar is now Open': It has it all, bitter riveleries, pathos, angst, tears, fear, terror, lovelorn whingings, lustful bragging, sammiches & Beer. Everything else is just pants.

Mod of the Year - /Throws a dart, rolls a die, draws a name, checks the length of the straw, counts the bribery money: AC!

Event of the Year - Beruthiel in the Cellar. It's like shooting fish in a barrel except the fish is a humoungous voratious great white and the guns are infact spitballs fired innacuratly by all us scardycats.

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year - Mrs Goat for never ever entering the forum and reading the things I say about her.

Brotherette of the Year - Den :p

Brother of the Year - Slow, for Fridays.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OK, nominations are now closed. I'll be back later with the voting threads. Thanks for all your input.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement