Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Food

Options
  • 10-12-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

What is the best thing to eat at the pub?

I would say chips and salsa.

Anything that dose not take away from the buzz but feels great goin down.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Spicy chicken wings for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

chips and gravy or chicken tikka masala with basmati rice and a keema naan. i ordered one into work last week and it went down great with smithwicks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

food should not be eaten in a pub, it slows down drink intake.

hence going for food after the pub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What you will need.

Tayto cheese and onion.
    Any brand of salted peanuts.

How to.

Purchace said ingredients.
    Open both bags.
    Pour peanuts into crisps.
    Crush.
    Rip bag open and enjoy the saltyness with your beer, works really well with Guinness.

If i didnt have to get up so early tomorrow Id be down the pub right now doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Bacon or scampi fries, or a nice big carvery dinner with a nice cold pint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

cracklin-food-demotivational-poster-1240503150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am a big fan of all that American deep-fried food - chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, potato skins, mushrooms, etc.

Couldn't beat it with a stick.

Although, I was recently in one of those American chains (I think Bennigans, but it could have been TGIs) and they had broccoli coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried.

Marks for effort, if nothing else.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    ... broccoli coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried.

Hmm ... stealth vegetables ... who woulda thunk it ?

trout wrote: »
    Hmm ... stealth vegetables ... who woulda thunk it ?

You gotta hand it to the Americans. All your major food groups covered - vegetables, carbs, grease and salt. All washed down with your favourite beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

A brother in America is spoilt rotten, with fantastic bars like hooters etc, our wimmin need to look up to establishments like these and follow their way of honouring us men. Over here we should come up with our own ideas. Im saying ham covered in breadcrumbs and deep fat fried is they way forward. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

FearDark wrote: »
    works really well with Guinness.

:confused: What? No food tastes good with Guinness! No way, makes food taste bad, makes Guinness taste bad. Bad, Bad, Bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Meemars wrote: »
    :confused: What? No food tastes good with Guinness! No way, makes food taste bad, makes Guinness taste bad. Bad, Bad, Bad!

Go and have some fresh salmon on brown bread washed down with Guinness and tell me if this rule still applies.

Remmy wrote: »
    Go and have some fresh salmon on brown bread washed down with Guinness and tell me if this rule still applies.

While in Kinsale a Summer or two ago, I found myself indulging in the Local Blackstuff (can't rememebr if it was Murphy's or Beamish :o) and some oysters.

Not one to regularly enjoy eating live shellfish, I have to say this was a match made in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

just scoffed a big bag of pork scratchings need beer now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I can make pizza with beer and it tastes great with beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fei_hung

I think I speak for alot of people when I say there is nothing better than a kebab after a hard night on the beer ..:D

fei_hung wrote: »
    ... there is nothing better than a kebab

fyp

Advertisement