Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for your player of year

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Devastator wrote: »
    vote for PDC player of year

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1899419,00.html

How they can include Anatasia is beyond me :confused:

They must be off their heads!!!:confused: I voted for Colin Osbourne because he won me a decent bit of money when he reached that final!:eek::D I'm not voting for that easter egg idiot Phil Taylor!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As much as I don't like Taylor, he was easily the best player of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Kingp35 wrote: »
    As much as I don't like Taylor, he was easily the best player of the year.

He was by miles, but it actually says vote for you favourite player of the year!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    He was by miles, but it actually says vote for you favourite player of the year!

I can't vote for myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

player of the year by a mile is taylor, a master of his sport, gets back what he puts in!!

favourite player ill go for mr jenkins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

no Wayne Mardle???? he's everyones favourite and a great entertainer you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

padr81 wrote: »
    no Wayne Mardle???? he's everyones favourite and a great entertainer you know.

so is les dennis.....probably better at darts too! :eek:

Hard to argue with Taylor(only thing he didnt win was PL?) but I went for Colin Osborne, really made an improvement this year and was pretty consistant for most of year

• Registered Users Posts: 31 johnmike

has to be phil taylor no-one else even comes close

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

i go for priestley, i think he has had a great year, considering what he had to battle through earlier in the year.

A true gentleman and a great pro. i would vote for him

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Priestly might get the sentimental vote and would probally deserve it. However for pure darts it would have to be Taylor (even if we all are bored of watching him win)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

dont understand how people get bored of watching taylor win, u watch football,rugby or any other sport and love watching the best, to be bored of watching the best player and someone who we all wanna be as good as, throw the best darts, throw darts that are the best darts u can throw, the perfectionist, hitting shots we all dream of, shots that u can admire, and people hate him cos he wins so much and makes it ''boring''!!to stand up time and time again hitting the shots he hits the lack of missing doubles the continues high scores the list of records he holds, im sure he does apoligise for being the best but to take that away from the man that puts so much into the sport to me is baffling :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

you took me up wrong. I do get a bit bored watchin taylor but not because he is so good but because he is so predicatable! He is that good that you know he will hit it before the dart leaves his hand. Any true darts fan/player (and I believe there are plenty on this forum) can only sit back and admire his level of consistancy and his indominable spirit to be the best player that he can be.
    Not taking away from that it is sometimes hard in a busy home life to set aside everything and sit down and watch a game when being honest you know the result before it starts!

Bored may be the wrong word to describe watching Taylor..seen it all before might be a better phrase! (might think of a better one in hte morning when I am sober)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

My Favourite would have to Brendan Dolan who never stops smiling and had to make around £6K in last few weeks to qualify for both PDC players championship finals after Xmas and the world Champs at the Pally. Even though having do it the hard way by having to travel far distances to many PDC tournaments and having some terrible draws (including meeting Mervyn King recently in semi where Brendan won 6-0) he still made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

greened wrote: »
    you took me up wrong. I do get a bit bored watchin taylor but not because he is so good but because he is so predicatable! He is that good that you know he will hit it before the dart leaves his hand. Any true darts fan/player (and I believe there are plenty on this forum) can only sit back and admire his level of consistancy and his indominable spirit to be the best player that he can be.
    Not taking away from that it is sometimes hard in a busy home life to set aside everything and sit down and watch a game when being honest you know the result before it starts!
    Bored may be the wrong word to describe watching Taylor..seen it all before might be a better phrase! (might think of a better one in hte morning when I am sober)
    Well said !!
    Taylor himself may not be boring for the first few legs but once he goes 3 or 4 up and the opponent already usually then starts looking for nearest Taxi Rank it does all then become very mundane and both Taylor and his foe seem to just go through the motions as the result is inevitable. At that stage I usually put on the kettle and get ready for the next game up.
    Its not Taylor's fault at all but most of his games are miss-matches and such games in any sport are usually boring.
    Probably darts is the worst for this as the gap can become so wide very quickly to maybe 8-1 or so with Taylor in less than 30 mins. As it may be first to 15 and there can't be a last round knockout punch then that match indeed does get boring. The only little bit of excitement really is if he starts a leg with a 180 and a 9-darter might be on but these are so extremely rare considering the mount of darts on the telly that theres even little hope of that. :(:(
    The best games for me on TV hardly ever involve Taylor but 2 more evenly matched players .... usualy in early rounds where anybody can win :):)

Advertisement