Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin McCloskey at Lakeside

Options
  • 10-12-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

How do you all reckon he'll do. he's got a kind draw in the first round and although Steve West is a good player its one I can see him winning if he's on song.

After that he's got the winner of Ross Montgomery and Gary Thompson, again tough but very winnable.

If he comes through that its looking like Martin Adams (or Daryll Gurney who I fancy to give Adams a tough tie in the last 16) in the last 8, which would take a big performance to get through.

Overall Scott Waites looks to have the easiest quater of the draw while Hankey's looks the toughest with Walton, Fitton, West and Gary Robson in it.

That said I fancy an O'Shea v Adams final overall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Steve West has played in the last 2 Lakeside World Championships so has the expeirence of playing there even though he lost in the 1st round on both occasions but if Martin McCloskey plays his A game he has a great chance of beating West. The Lakeside this year is wide open with a number of players in with a great chance of winning it. I think John Henderson has a great chance of winning the Lakeside,he has won the German,Belgian and Didam opens this year and has beaten all the top ranked players winning these tournaments so he's on a roll at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Steve West has played in the last 2 Lakeside World Championships so has the expeirence of playing there even though he lost in the 1st round on both occasions but if Martin McCloskey plays his A game he has a great chance of beating West. The Lakeside this year is wide open with a number of players in with a great chance of winning it. I think John Henderson has a great chance of winning the Lakeside,he has won the German,Belgian and Didam opens this year and has beaten all the top ranked players winning these tournaments so he's on a roll at the moment.
    Well spotted, Hendrson is indeed a dark horse in there and is still amazingly available in a very open field of which anyone of 10 or 12 could at 50/1 or better. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Dave Chisnall is a good outside bet for me! Won a few tournaments this year and picked up a bonus of £15,000 for winning the British Open!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

think ill throw a few quid on kong for it

Well spotted, Hendrson is indeed a dark horse in there and is still amazingly available in a very open field of which anyone of 10 or 12 could at 50/1 or better. ;)
    Henderson was 66/1 last weekend in my local bookies and i put a tenner each way on him. This morning his odds had fallen to 50/1! He's playing in a tournament in the Netherlands this weekend which is been televised,there's a link on the BDO website which puts you straight through to the coverage. Big Hendo was playing Ian White last night and won with a 33.97 average!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭shockframe

Henderson was 66/1 last weekend in my local bookies and i put a tenner each way on him. This morning his odds had fallen to 50/1! He's playing in a tournament in the Netherlands this weekend which is been televised,there's a link on the BDO website which puts you straight through to the coverage. Big Hendo was playing Ian White last night and won with a 33.97 average!

tried to access it on the bdo site but no darts on at the minute.just some shakin stevens lookalike hosting a kids show.

shockframe wrote: »
    tried to access it on the bdo site but no darts on at the minute.just some shakin stevens lookalike hosting a kids show.
    Evening session started at 6 30 but when i pressed the link on the BDO site all that came up was what looked like a quiz show! It was working no problem last night.

Evening session started at 6 30 but when i pressed the link on the BDO site all that came up was what looked like a quiz show! It was working no problem last night.

erm thats what i more or less said just above.you could have made it easier by the old copy-paste routine.

erm thats what i more or less said just above.you could have made it easier by the old copy-paste routine.
    I worded my post very bad yesterday evening,wasn't trying to be smart. What i meant by my reply to your post on the BDO link was that yesterday evening at 4 30pm when you were trying to gain access to the stream the day session had finished so it was just whatever was on that channel came up on the stream. The evening session started at 6 30pm but it was still normal programming and it was like this till 9 00pm,i gave up on it after that! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Going back to the subject of the discussion does anyone know if Martin McCloskey has sponsorship for Lakeside? Does the INDO cover his travelling expenses and accomadation?

• Advertisement

I worded my post very bad yesterday evening,wasn't trying to be smart. What i meant by my reply to your post on the BDO link was that yesterday evening at 4 30pm when you were trying to gain access to the stream the day session had finished so it was just whatever was on that channel came up on the stream. The evening session started at 6 30pm but it was still normal programming and it was like this till 9 00pm,i gave up on it after that! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

good job you stopped trying because they showed teddy boy and ross the boss play not long after.as much as i try to defend the bdo i must admit that it was possibly the worst darts i have come across.the boss won by the way.all those 1s cost ted dearly.

you should have seen the state of the board aswell.was as if the players have travelled back in time to the set of itvs indoor league.

good job you stopped trying because they showed teddy boy and ross the boss play not long after.as much as i try to defend the bdo i must admit that it was possibly the worst darts i have come across.the boss won by the way.all those 1s cost ted dearly.

you should have seen the state of the board aswell.was as if the players have travelled back in time to the set of itvs indoor league.
    I've just seen the averages for that game on the BDO site and as you said it was a good job i stopped trying!

better fare on now between scott waites and gary robson.robson 2-1 up in sets

2 all now.great 121 checkout by waites to go 1-up in the 5th set

3-2 to robson.

a special treat for all english speaking dart fans.niels de ruiter doing analysis.in dutch.

Great final set by Robson to win 3-2. A high standard of darts by both players.

steve west on now against the england captain.owwwwwwwwoooooooh!

she-wolf is cruising here.west isnt putting up much of a fight.

west just won a set back there.adams must have had flashbacks of his mason collapse in 1999.

would like to think that the dutch commentator is the bdo dutch version of sid waddell who think adams is the "greatest ever".these new darts,perfect first dart,defying the laws of physics etc

adams won 3-1.it was an adams-esque performance.

fitton up 1-0 against ross.just hit a 9-darter while i was typing.:mad:.fair play

• Advertisement

fitton through.100 average.

over for a while.at least we have the dutch equivalent of xpose to see us through.

the dream final is on.adams v fitton.

great gesture by the crowd getting money for fittons 9 darter.

fitton beat norris in the semi with an average of 112-113.class

congratulations daryl fitton.checked out a 136 to clinch a 5-2 win over martin adams.

Watching Steve West earlier against Martin Adams today i reckon Martin McCloskey has a great chance of beating West in Lakeside. West only averaged 25.70 and a repeat of this performance in the Lakeside will surely not be good enough against McCloskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Fitton's 9 darter;

http://www.rtvnh.nl/player.php?stream=ItemTV&item=46756

Brilliant stuff. might throw a few €'s on him!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I think he has a great chance to make a name for himeself as he has been about this long time he is cocky and confident enough to do well (I dont mean that in a bad way he just is and anyone who knows off him will agree), however we will see he is worth as few bob to beat West for starters.

Advertisement