Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan treats in Dublin City?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm not a vegan myself, so I haven't a clue where to start with this one. Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin City where I could get some nice vegan treats (sweets or chocolate or anything tasty) that I could use as stocking fillers? I've seen little packs of jellies and the like in health food shops before, but I'd like to get something that's nicely presented since I'll be giving it as a gift. Is there anywhere that stocks anything along these lines?

Thanks a million,
    Danco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi there,

Could be tricky allright getting stuff pre packed as a present unless you buy it and wrap it nicely yourself? Try cafe Fresh in the powerscourt town house. They have raw foods too, and I reckon they may have vegan stuff too, as would Cornucopia on Wicklow St. Natashas Living Food is also a good runner for vegan; might be a little harder to come by but she has her stuff on sale in certain health stores around the city, the one I know of is The Hopshack in Rathmines Swan Centre. They come in little packets, not fancy though quite expensive you could be creative yourself with a big bow!

Hope that helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it. I'm really looking for something that will keep OK for a few days if it's wrapped, so sweets / jellies or something like that is what I'm after. I googled Natasha's Living Food and the site says there are a few places in town that stock her stuff, so I'll check them out some evening this week. Thanks a lot for the tip and for all the info, it does help!

Danco

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Hi I have vegan relatives too and posted a bit on this forumn looking for help but I found some vegan chocolates in Dunnes/super valu

It is the Celtic free from and the box says they are vegan, You can get a dark choc mint crisps or a box of chocolates, they arent cheap about 6-8 euros

http://www.loveirishfood.ie/our-brands/celtic-chocolate.aspx

NorthDub wrote: »
    Hi I have vegan relatives too and posted a bit on this forumn looking for help but I found some vegan chocolates in Dunnes/super valu

It is the Celtic free from and the box says they are vegan, You can get a dark choc mint crisps or a box of chocolates, they arent cheap about 6-8 euros

http://www.loveirishfood.ie/our-brands/celtic-chocolate.aspx

Brilliant, this looks like a real winner! Thanks a million NorthDub, I'll check these out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Most of the healthfood shops around town should have little boxes of chocolates around this time of year. I recommend Montezuma truffles if you can find them!

http://www.montezumas.co.uk/truffles/?g=3&r=3

• Advertisement

Ah, thanks a million guys, these are all brilliant suggestions. I can't believe there are so many options for vegan chocolate! I thought I'd have a real search on my hands. I clearly came to the right place for advice. These truffles look like another winner. Cheers folks!

Ok, I called into Nourish on Wicklow Street this afternoon and they had both the Celtic Free From and Bouja Bouja chocolates in there (as well as others). I opted for a selection pack of the Bouja Bouja ones, it has a bunch of of different truffles including the champagne ones. I reckon my sister will be delighted with them. They come in a really nice wooden box and everything, perfect for a Christmas gift.

So thanks again everyone for the advice, this is a great result.
    Danco

Advertisement