Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Set of bowls

Options
  • 07-12-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to rent a set of bowling balls for the Christmas period. I would be happy to leave a deposit also collect and return anywhere within Dublin city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Mr Nutmeg wrote: »
    Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to rent a set of bowling balls for the Christmas period. I would be happy to leave a deposit also collect and return anywhere within Dublin city.

I assume you are talking about indoor bowls and not tenpin bowling?
    Either way, do you have a local bowls club nearby? They are usually happy to rent out a set providing you leave a deposit. However, why rent a set at all, why not go to your local bowls club and see if they'll let you have time on their mats?

Also, if you are talking about boules for the French game, I think these are cheap enough to buy so you might be better off getting them online than renting them.

Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr Nutmeg

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I assume you are talking about indoor bowls and not tenpin bowling?
    Either way, do you have a local bowls club nearby? They are usually happy to rent out a set providing you leave a deposit. However, why rent a set at all, why not go to your local bowls club and see if they'll let you have time on their mats?

Also, if you are talking about boules for the French game, I think these are cheap enough to buy so you might be better off getting them online than renting them.

Where are you located?

Hi R3,

Thanks for the reply!!! Its indoor alright. I'm getting married during Christmas holidays. We got approval to play bowels in a large area that would otherwise be unused. I'm based in Dublin City centre and did contact my local club by email - but have heard nothing back. If there was one club you are aware off that would rent them out I'd love to know which one. You could PM me on it.
    Thanks again,
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Try here and here for Dublin bowls clubs. These are lawn bowls clubs but I assume they play indoors bowls in Winter!

EDIT: Best of luck with the wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

I live in Kildare and baffled there isn't a club until Dublin!
    There's one in just about each town back home....

Advertisement