Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horns of a dilemma

Options
  • 06-12-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭

Brothers, I have a problem and I really don't know how I should proceed. While at the SSF comedy show last night (you missed a good night, where were the rest of you?) I continued the BGRH tradition of not going home empty handed from the raffle. My prize is in the picture below, and as you can see, one of these things is not like the others, as they used to say on Sesame Street.

lineupcj.jpg

And here's where I am in a quandry. As you can see from the picture, the prize I won is of a significantly lower quality to that which I am accustomed to. On the other hand, it is alcohol.

So what's a brother to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

What are they doing giving a rhino away?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It is the imported stuff, brother Zaph.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mutz wrote: »

That is Monkey Panda, the rhino that myself and Zaph adopted recently.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mutz wrote: »

I did say it was the horns of a dilemma...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is that non-alcoholic erdinger?

You let that into your house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Zaph wrote: »
    On the other hand, it is alcohol.

The answer is always in the question. Always. :cool:

is that non-alcoholic erdinger?

You let that into your house?

It most certainly is not! That is Erdinger's winter brew called Schneeweisse, which weighs in at a very respectable 5.6%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It most certainly is not! That is Erdinger's winter brew called Schneeweisse, which weighs in at a very respectable 5.6%

The winter brew is tasty too, must get some of it myself

As for the Dutch, drink it after a few other beverages and you will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

So what's a brother to do?

The first thing you need to do is get a wimmins in there to clean the kitchen. The tiles look like they need a clean, and the counter looks a bit dusty. :rolleyes:

The next thing to do, is get the beers in the fridge so that they are at the correct temperature for drinking.
    Then, drink and enjoy. :D

As for the lower quality one, at 1am when that is all that you have left, it will do.

P.C. wrote: »
    The first thing you need to do is get a wimmins in there to clean the kitchen. The tiles look like they need a clean, and the counter looks a bit dusty. :rolleyes:

The next thing to do, is get the beers in the fridge so that they are at the correct temperature for drinking.
    Then, drink and enjoy. :D

As for the lower quality one, at 1am when that is all that you have left, it will do.

/thread :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thats ok then.

Carry on. Smoke em if you got em, Etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

How do manage to retain so much pretty beer in such an unfinished condition?!!
    Personally, I'd drink 'em all, with the offending interloper consurmed last, after the rasher sambos.

Gaspode wrote: »
    How do manage to retain so much pretty beer in such an unfinished condition?!!
    Personally, I'd drink 'em all, with the offending interloper consurmed last, after the rasher sambos.

Would you like me to photograph his entire alcohol collection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We expect the Brethern (esp senior brothers) to have both taste and discernment.

We do not expect them to drink white spirits, or rubbing alcohol or pretend beers which are outlawed and mentioned in the charter of the forum.

So what you are then ask is for Dutch muck to be added to the list of things a brother would never drink despite it having alcohol in it.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    We expect the Brethern (esp senior brothers) to have both taste and discernment.

We do not expect them to drink white spirits, or rubbing alcohol or pretend beers which are outlawed and mentioned in the charter of the forum.

So what you are then ask is for Dutch muck to be added to the list of things a brother would never drink despite it having alcohol in it.

To be fair, Brother Zaph asked what should be done with it. It was others, such as Brother trout, that suggested he drink it.

janeybabe wrote: »
    To be fair, Brother Zaph asked what should be done with it. It was others, such as Brother trout, that suggested he drink it.

No I didn't.

trout wrote: »
    No I didn't.

Well to be fair Brother trout, the following response to PC's post does suggest that you are in agreement with him that the offending liquid should be consumed whan all stocks of decent alcohol have been consumed.
    /thread :cool:

Of course, what PC was doing examining the condition of the tiling in my kitchen is far more worrying to me. Has he caught teh ghey perhaps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

janeybabe wrote: »
    Would you like me to photograph his entire alcohol collection?

But, but, but beer is for drinking, not collecting! :confused:

I suppose usual rules apply though, pics or it doesnt happen etc.

Well to be fair Brother trout, the following response to PC's post does suggest that you are in agreement with him that the offending liquid should be consumed whan all stocks of decent alcohol have been consumed.

His logic is impeccable. When all the good stuff is gone, you start on the dregs. It was ever thus.
    Of course, what PC was doing examining the condition of the tiling in my kitchen is far more worrying to me. Has he caught teh ghey perhaps?

There's only one person in this thread showing off how well stocked their kitchen is with ironmongery and whisks and what-not, and then lamenting what to do with beer.

Yes brother Gaspode. Even though you are, quite plainly, a dog. You have the truth of it right there. Beer is for drinking. And Dutch Gold Imported beer is for drinking too ... when there is nothing else left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 offdechain

yes

• Advertisement

offdechain wrote: »
    yes

Well said that man. Well said. I like the cut of yore jib. Have a can.

I suppose usual rules apply though, pics or it doesnt happen etc.

Yeah, about that. I had a look at the collection and decided that the mammoth task of removing the various bottles of whiskey/bourbon, beer, vodka, tequila, wine and cava from the fridge/presses to photograph them was too much for a mere wimmins. Therefore there will be no pics. :cool:

Well said that man. Well said. I like the cut of yore jib. Have a can.

And as it happens, Brother Zaph has one he wouldnt mind passing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

This reminds me of a dilema I faced on my first trip to Octoberfest. I got chatting to some locals who advised me that Spaten Beer (I notice you have this also) was the Dutch Gold of Munich. According to him it was swillwater of the highest order and should be avoided. Later on that day we all ended up in the Spaten tent as all the other tents were full and had a grand old time.

The moral of the story is drink it, but only as a last resort!

Did you drink it yet, Zaph?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dutch gold the dwarf bread of beers....

Did you drink it yet, Zaph?

Nope, it's being withheld until the spring, when a young snail's fancy turns to, well other young snails I suppose. When the slimy creatures are abundant I shall use it to attract them to their fizzy, alcoholic demise. Of course this may not work, I've successfully used B** before for this purpose, but even the snails turned up their noses at C**** L**** last year.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Dutch gold the dwarf bread of beers....

Surely even dwarf bread is more palatable?

Nope, it's being withheld until the spring, when a young snail's fancy turns to, well other young snails I suppose. When the slimy creatures are abundant I shall use it to attract them to their fizzy, alcoholic demise. Of course this may not work, I've successfully used B** before for this purpose, but even the snails turned up their noses at C**** L**** last year.

You worry me.

You worry me.

You sound like my mother now :p

• Advertisement

You sound like my mother now :p

Bless. :P

Maybe you should listen to us. :)

Advertisement