Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new form of government ... possibly.

Options
  • 06-12-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

baconism-november-challenge-we-promise-bacon-in-every-pot-demotivational-poster-1258258939.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If we're to seize the means of production, does that mean we have to take a pig farm by force?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Robbo wrote: »
    If we're to seize the means of production, does that mean we have to take a pig farm by force?

No. I think that would be quite wrong. In the Baconist Manifesto, Marx teaches us ...
    "Baconism deprives no man of the ability to appropriate the fruits of his labour. The only thing it deprives him of is the ability to enslave others by means of such appropriations"
    ... I think that's how he said it anyway.
    Capital is money, capital is commodities.... By virtue of it being value, it has acquired the occult ability to add value to itself. It brings forth living offspring, or, at the least, lays golden eggs ... and everyone knows that eggs go great with the aul' bacon
    ... I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

Baconomics ... who is with me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Where Bacon goes we follow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Baconism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a power. Put the kettle on Europe, and lets have a rasher sammidge ... see if we can't come to some agreement whereby we all do OK, and nobody suffers unfairly

Wise words. Wise words indeed. Words to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Wonderfully erudite scholarly research from Trout there. Going for our PHD (Pork Higher Diploma) are we?
    There is a spectre haunting the (veggie) world, the spectre of Baconism.

Trout is right to point out the role of bacon and government. Is it any coincidence that both Marx and Engels come from Germany land of pork knuckles and beer?

Engels formulated the idea for baconism after his visit to Ireland in 1844. In later years he said of his visit
    The rashers I had there, were the best I ever had, so they were. Now if only they could make black puddin they'd rule the wordild so they would*

He met Marx who put baconism in it's correct context. Seeking inspiration from Thomas Moore's Utopia, or Baconia to call it by it's correct name, he sought to create a framework where everyone could have bacon [and sausages] according to his [and her] needs. A way that would lead to the end of the pork barrel politics of political stooges in the pay of the bacon barons.

Internationally it spread like wildfire. The same fires that Mikhael Bakunin's anarcho baconists in Russia used to burn down the bacon factories inadvertently discovering smokey bacon. Hmmm smokey bacon. :pac:

Ah feck this I'm starvin, I'm off out for a sambo.

Right Trout over to you. :cool:

*Quote from wikipedia so may not actually be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

You guys are wise. I have much to learn. I am looking forward to my education.

Mmmm, bacon sammidge.

Advertisement