Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cinema Dribble

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Good for you that they are currently showing some films that you want to see. Where I am the cinema listing is as follows....

Twilight New Moon
    Law Abiding Citizen
    A Christmas Carol
    Nativity
    Up
    The Fantastic Mr Fox
    A Serious Man
    Paranormal Activity
    Situations Vacant

Ughh.

Well, in fainress, there are four great films up there:
    Paranormal Activity
    Up
    The Fantastic Mr. Fox
    A Serious Man
    That's not bad for autumn, in fairness (a notoriously crap time for movies here - as we wait for January for most of the Oscar contenders).

I don't believe cinema has been any weaker the past few decades than it was before. If you averaged out how often we saw a great movie during the nineties or the eighties, it'd be about the same - you'd be lucky to have a good film once every three or four weeks.

I put together my own top fifty films of the decade over the weekend (yes, I'm a nerd), but I'm actually quite pleased with how the past ten years went.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sleazus wrote: »
    Well, in fainress, there are four great films up there:
    Paranormal Activity
    Up
    The Fantastic Mr. Fox
    A Serious Man
    That's not bad for autumn, in fairness (a notoriously crap time for movies here - as we wait for January for most of the Oscar contenders).

I don't believe cinema has been any weaker the past few decades than it was before. If you averaged out how often we saw a great movie during the nineties or the eighties, it'd be about the same - you'd be lucky to have a good film once every three or four weeks.

I put together my own top fifty films of the decade over the weekend (yes, I'm a nerd), but I'm actually quite pleased with how the past ten years went.
    Nice list there albeit very different to my favourites of the past decade. But creating a list like that confirms that great movies are still being made on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What you claim to be "dribble" OP may be a masterpiece to others. Depends on what you're into really.

Pick a random film and take a chance.

Advertisement