Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Taylor Phase 5 Darts

Options
  • 03-12-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a set (at the right price) and was wondering if any of you guys use them or have tried them. Did they improve your game ect. Any comments would be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

tamloc wrote: »
    Did they improve your game ect.
    Personally I don't think a new set of arrows will improve your game that much if at all. Getting better at darts is all about practice, if buying a new set of arrows makes you throw more then you might get better but it won't be because of the new darts. Arrows aren't like Golf clubs where the technology actually improves your game. FWIW I think the Phil taylor phase 5 darts are a rip off, they just charge that much because they are Phil's darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

Personally I don't think a new set of arrows will improve your game that much if at all. Getting better at darts is all about practice, if buying a new set of arrows makes you throw more then you might get better but it won't be because of the new darts. Arrows aren't like Golf clubs where the technology actually improves your game. FWIW I think the Phil taylor phase 5 darts are a rip off, they just charge that much because they are Phil's darts.

Well I practice 2-3hrs every day, averge about 18-20 darts per game but would like to bring it down to 15-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah it will help death

Darts is all about mixing and matching

there are no guaruntee's taylor style darts will suit you, or that they will throw well for you, ive picked up lots of darts, some the same weight as my current darts, and they just dont throw or land right.

You need to find you own way, Taylor darts are just a gimmick, i would say taylors darts and setup might be best for a short stocky guy who is throwing up with a firm throw

I bought a new set recently(my old set were knicked) but I dont feel im throwing as good with this set, so got a chance of Taylors phase 5 at the right price and just wanted to know yer experience. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 seldom seen kid

just get a set of some john lowe style ones thats wot the the taylor wons are, just hase that weird razor grip.
    go some where you can try before ye buy em. but by em there for the service, respect and that

• Advertisement

just get a set of some john lowe style ones thats wot the the taylor wons are, just hase that weird razor grip.
    go some where you can try before ye buy em. but by em there for the service, respect and that

Which John lowe would you recommend. They range from €18 - €55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

does taylors set of darts have a bubble over sid waddell saying these darts defy the laws of physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I have been throwing a set of phase 5s for nearly 6 months now and I think they are pretty good but that's just me also. They may not suit you or many others as everyones throw is different.

I am only using the barrels though. I have used different shafts and flights like I used on my previous set and they work better for me that way. Extra short shafts and standard dimplex flights which I can get on ebay for a couple of euros delivered to my door.

I always threw short darts and fortunately enough, the profile of the phase 5 barrels is almost exactly the same as what I used in the past. Unfortunately you can only get the phase 5s in 26 grams although I have seen some replicas on ebay that were 22 and 24 and much cheaper too.

I agree that the price of the phase 5s is ridiculous. I got mine in April for €70 in Argos and a month later, they were €86 and even €100 in some other shops in cork city :eek:. Madness :rolleyes: but again, you will find them on ebay for around €50 if you look.

P.S. I am not advertising ebay here :o lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

One of the guys in the pub I play in had a set of Sigma pros the other day. He hasn't got them long but the amount of chips and general wear on them was staggering. Compared with the goldstars I have owned longer they haven't lasted well at all. Definetly not recommended for the price.

Advertisement