Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jocky Wilson Cup

Options
  • 29-11-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Can't wait to watch the Jocky Wilson Cup this Saturday night, wonder what the crowd will be like and will Taylor recieve a Bristow-esque reaction from the crowd? Will the wee man himself be there? Looking forward to the doubles games! It's on Sky Sports at 7pm Saturday.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Can't wait to watch the Jocky Wilson Cup this Saturday night, wonder what the crowd will be like and will Taylor recieve a Bristow-esque reaction from the crowd? Will the wee man himself be there? Looking forward to the doubles games! It's on Sky Sports at 7pm Saturday.:D

Cheers for the thread rat. Forgot all about this. I dont think Jocky will be there as I remember reading here he was living the life of an alcoholic recluse. Lets hope he can do a Paul Mc Grath on it and turn up sober for it and enjoy it. (PMc G turned up sober for Player's Player of year award when playing for Villa) (really goinng off on a tangent now)

Here is one of the memories!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df8408FY_X4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df8408FY_X4

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

greened wrote: »
    Cheers for the thread rat. Forgot all about this. I dont think Jocky will be there as I remember reading here he was living the life of an alcoholic recluse. Lets hope he can do a Paul Mc Grath on it and turn up sober for it and enjoy it. (PMc G turned up sober for Player's Player of year award when playing for Villa) (really goinng off on a tangent now)
    I'm afraid theres much more wrong with Jockey now than drink. I don't think he'll make it to any more tournaments ... even his own as a spectator. Very sad :(:(
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2749981/Jocky-Wilson-is-told-to-quit-the-fags-or-die.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

I'm afraid theres much more wrong with Jockey now than drink. I don't think he'll make it to any more tournaments ... even his own as a spectator. Very sad :(:(
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2749981/Jocky-Wilson-is-told-to-quit-the-fags-or-die.html
    That's sad story for a man stilly fairly young. It would be lovely if Jockey was just arrivng on PDC scene nowadays. It'd liven it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

be great to see the scots win but id say its very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jocky was great, seen him in exhibition once and he was amazing.

Anybody ever see Dexy's Midnight Runners on Top of the Pop with there hit 'Jackie Wilson Says', the producer fcuked up and put a huge poster of Jocky Wilson on the stage behind the band, apparently Dexy's left it as they thought it was hilarious :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

scudzilla wrote: »
    Jocky was great, seen him in exhibition once and he was amazing.

Anybody ever see Dexy's Midnight Runners on Top of the Pop with there hit 'Jackie Wilson Says', the producer fcuked up and put a huge poster of Jocky Wilson on the stage behind the band, apparently Dexy's left it as they thought it was hilarious :D:D:D
    Yep saw it, hilarious at the time.
    I think the crowd which is sure to be hostile is a huge leveling factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

I wonder if Anderson to beat Wade at 9/10 is a good
    bet. Wade not going great and might struggle against patriotic crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

this turned out to be a joke, complete walkover for taylor/wade, how gary anderson lost the 1st match i dont know, laughin about it, he should be sick to have lost...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

With all the hype about the Jocky Wilson Cup on Sky Sports before it started darts fans were expecting a great battle between Anderson/Thornton and Taylor/Wade but the whole thing turned out to be a huge disappointment. After Anderson somehow managed to lose the 1st game against Wade the odds were stacked heavily against the Scots. Thornton was poor and is nowhere playing as good as he was 12 months ago. Anderson is too inconsistent and missing too many doubles to win major tournaments. Not looking good for the Scots pair with the World Championship less than 2 weeks away.

Advertisement