Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redwood food

Options
  • 29-11-2009 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Can you buy or order this food or this kind of food anywhere in Ireland.

http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk

It says on their website they only deliver to mainland uk.

there is similar stuff in the US with tofurkey

EDIT:Just turned vegan last week (cholesterol reasons) so far have learned to do falafels very nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Many healthfood stores stock their range. If you ask they might check what they can order and get what you want in for you.

Welcome to vegan world :D

My healthfood shop will order me whatever I want. :)
    So just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JulietLima

I asked in blazing salads today, no tofu turkey there but their tofu sausages are DELICIOUS!!

Just got this lot in my local health food store. They never had the roasts in before. So it looks like more of the range is slowly coming to Ireland. Mmmm vegan. And yes, that's a lot of fake meat, but it's all going in the freezer and will be much enjoyed and shared over christmas. Happy :)
    745988313a11938232323l.jpg

nice one. whers ur local. i asked about ordering they didnt seem into it.

• Advertisement

JulietLima wrote: »

Keep asking around until you find someplace that will.
    That is where to spend your money.
    I'm based in the midlands. I saw alot of what Sweet-rasmus posted in the healthfood shop in liffey Valley today.

cool thanks.

on a side note no pun intended

can u get bean-zyme in ireland, if so does it work?

ive noticed a LOT of extra low pressure down south since the diet change.

JulietLima wrote: »

My local is The Country Cellar in Dun Laoghaire, but they pretty much had one of each in the fridge and I just bought it all :) The shop assistant was saying that their dealer in these fridge foods just offered them and they had a long BBE date so they thought they'd take them and see. It's just great to see a greater range being available now. The Health Store (branches listed in sticky) generally have the celebration roast anyhow. But I'd say if my local was offered these Redwood foods coming up to Christmas, then other health food stores had to have been offered them too. Keep asking around; some health food stores are more helpful than others.

I tried these Redwood Tempeh Rashers recently - ugh! - I advise against them!
    412688b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I really like the Redwood range but the 'cheezly' as shown above is VILE (my opinion and my husband). I cannot tell you how horrible it was. I'm trying to go vegan and trying out cheese substitutes and I can't even stomach them. I do really like the fake bacon, ham/chicken/turkey slices though and get them in most health food shops.
    I had the fake turkey roast for Christmas with the cranberry-esque stuffing and it was delicious!

• Advertisement

The trick is not to bother trying any more fake cheeses. You will only be disappointed! Accept that life goes on after cheese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

On their website there is an option to get a list of stockists in your area.
    I put in Dublin and got a page full. I put in Cork and got 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

The trick is not to bother trying any more fake cheeses. You will only be disappointed! Accept that life goes on after cheese :)
    I agree. When I first went vegan I used it occasionally to make pizza and then one day I looked at the ingredients list and and could not believe that I had put that rubbish in my body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Vegan Wannabe

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    I agree. When I first went vegan I used it occasionally to make pizza and then one day I looked at the ingredients list and and could not believe that I had put that rubbish in my body.
    Yes! I bought some vegan Easi- Single style vegan cheese last week. Partly out of curiosity and to make a cheese toastie. It cost about 4e and I only used 3 slices. Nasty! It had the texture of cheese but the taste of something gone off. I managed to slip it to a few drunk friends and they never noticed though! I'm trying to avoid the bad fake stuff. It's usually replacing something i'd never eat in the first place. Vegan biscuits I do allow though!

Advertisement