Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHRISTMAS BEERS AND SMEGMARS RETURN!!!

Options
  • 28-11-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

so I think the title says it all really.
    All those who missed me will be glad to hear I should be back for the 10th December. I think a veggie meet up is long over due, for me anyway. I know it's Christmas and all but surely we can make time for a veggie meetup.....

can some mod put up a poll for this one

Christmas Beers? 19 votes

Thu 10th Dec
    0%
    Fri 11th Dec
    15%
    [Deleted User]raah!Cat-man 3 votes
    Sat 12th Dec
    15%
    entropi[Deleted User]Nunubird 3 votes
    Thu 17th Dec
    10%
    entropicocoa 2 votes
    Fri 18th Dec
    21%
    sweet-rasmus[Deleted User]smegmarNunubird 4 votes
    Sat 19th Dec
    36%
    entropicocoa[Deleted User]pq0n1ct4ve8zf5damselnatCokaColumboNunubird 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Fri 11th Dec
    I smeg that! Do it right ont he tenth! yaaaaarhrargh!

You missed aload of flooded fields when you were in america. I never got around to swimming in any, but if ever there was a time , it was then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Fri 18th Dec
    Done :) I think Fridays and Saturdays suit most people, but I threw in Thu just in case. We'll figure this out eventually. I know some of you have exams... some will be away... some will have other christmas parties to get to ;)

VOTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Fri 18th Dec
    Right that's it. now we have a challenge, go swim in some flooded fields. This is the type of crazy ****e only a bunch of hyped up veggies would do...besides after last time it really doesn't seem like much :p

Sat 19th Dec
    Those two Saterdays I have parties.
    I could be around for the day though.

How is the whole christmas dinner style potluck party idea flying with people?

• Advertisement

Fri 18th Dec
    i'm not voting cause i haven't a clue if i'll be free. thu 17th might be my only one. you have a trip away, a christmas work party and my own birthday to compete with!

A pot luck would be cool, be we'd need somewhere to hold it. Which may not happen! Maybe some time next year. I don't think we can all organise ourselves well enough with Christmas impending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sat 19th Dec
    i voted for the 18th, any of the last three suit me equally though, and I'm not guaranteed to be able to make it either unfortunately (college schedule's a bit up in the air due to aforementioned flooded fields) but I'll do my best :D

Fri 18th Dec
    you can select multiple answers :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

party 12th, class party 18th, wedding 19th, hmm!
    Have fun guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

ahh grrr!
    my work party is 11th and going to prodigy on 18th, doesnt look like ill be able to do this either :(

• Advertisement

Fri 18th Dec
    Well, maybe smegmar's demands are too high! There is always after christmas.

Fri 18th Dec
    shut up woman!

hows about the 17th? I know it's a Thursday, but it's so close to Christmas I assume most people are off anyway, If not make yourself free, this is going to be EPIC. Just wanted to know should we have the shallow excuse of going out to a restaurant or just go direct to the pubs and clubs at the start.....you should know what I'm thinking already. Also I have beds for anyone outside Dublin, so no excuses

Fri 18th Dec
    that's determination! I definitely like the 17th.

We have a vote from cat-man?! come on people, don't vote unless you actually are interested. and if so, and you are new to the forum, introduce yourself!!!

excuse: no babysitter and work fridays
    feelings on this excuse: waaah i wana go crazy drinkies with smegmar et al :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Sat 19th Dec
    Yay! =) This looks like it could be a very awesome soirée =)

Fri 18th Dec
    but do only saturdays suit you, sir? ;)

Sat 19th Dec
    but do only saturdays suit you, sir? ;)

curse public voting!!! Saturdays are my preference, but I can probably make any day, you guys are that special ;)

Fri 18th Dec
    ah good :) as you can see many of us are awkward with dates, including myself. (sorry!)

Fri 18th Dec
    so it's looking good. I think we can settle on the 17th...

So far we have
    MoonBaby
    RAAH!
    sweet Rasmus
    Electro
    Cocoa
    Shinysiren
    Maybe Tar
    ......AND MEEEEEE!!!

Now everyone go on a hunt for baby sitters with good reference so maameeo can join in, and get on the telegraph to Darren and all those other miscreants who haven't posted yet.

Sat 19th Dec
    shinysiren will go too. In fact she is so desperate to go, she... won't even go and log in herself...

meh, we're watching invader zim, who can blame her?

• Advertisement

Fri 18th Dec
    Invader Zim is awesome, In fact if you said you were doing anything else when the alternative was Invader Zim I think I would have to hate you forever.

MoN is contactable through morse code now adays

-- --- ·-· ··· · -·-· --- -·· ·

Fri 18th Dec
    took me a while but that translates to "morse code"

well darren: --. . - --- -. .-.. .. -. .

.- -. -.. -.-. --- -- . - --- - .... . .--. .- .-. - -.--

20 bonus points if you can figure that out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I understand! he should

Fri 18th Dec
    hey tar try figure this one out

-.-- --- ..- ..- ... . -.. - .... . .. -. - . .-. -. . - - .... .- - .. ... -.-. .... . .- - .. -. --.

Sat 19th Dec
    There is no way in hell Clare bear is getting out of coming to this.
    That woman is giving me a complex, with her penchant for avoiding beers I attend!

So Friday suits me better, if means that we can get Mammeeo Jagered out of her tree :D

clare bear is lovely! She met me for her first beers, scared to go on own, so meet random person. Prob expecting a girl:)

and yes smeggy, i certainly did :p

a book im reading has random morse code thrown everwhere

Sat 19th Dec
    clare bear is lovely! She met me for her first beers, scared to go on own, so meet random person. Prob expecting a girl:)

Ouh! So even you have had beers with her. /hump grows.
    It is because I'm ginger, isnt it Clare!

Fri 18th Dec
    I know this sounds stupid but I can't do the Friday or Saturday, 18th-19th

as you can imagine there's 101 things I have to do when I get back, one of these is on those two days, any other time is good, and I'd like it to be when everyone can be there too.

Let me know if you can make Thursday Moonbaby, and spread the word

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Ok, so good news, I got the job in Penneys! Bad news,this means that Ido not yet know when I'd be able to make it. But I reckon I can join you lot after work any of the days,so I really don't mind, especially seeing as I never knew smegmar (although you approve of Invader Zim,so I should probably meet you)

Advertisement