Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 More Punishments by DRA

Options
  • 27-11-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

FOUR players have been punished by the Darts Regulation Authority.

The DRA Disciplinary Committee met on Thursday November 26, and have released the following statement:

The Disciplinary Committee made determinations that:-

1) Andy Jenkins at the Nuland Players Championship, Holland on 25th October 2009 behaved in a manner likely to bring the sport of darts into disrepute by assaulting another player, Terry Jenkins.

Mr Jenkins is banned from playing in DRA sanctioned events for 24 months, 20 months of this ban is suspended.

In accordance with Rule 6.7 (a) of the DRA Regulations (as amended in January 2009) this sanction takes effect 14 days after the sanction notice is served on the player i.e. the ban begins on 10th December 2009.

The active element of the ban will cease on 9th April 2010.

Mr Andy Jenkins was also fined £500.

2) Terry Jenkins at the Nuland Pro-Tour Championship, Holland on 25th October 2009 behaved in a manner likely to bring the sport of darts into disrepute by assaulting another player, Andy Jenkins.

Mr Terry Jenkins was fined £500.

3) Nick Fullwell at the Nuland Pro-Tour Championship, Holland on 25th October 2009 behaved in a manner likely to bring the sport of darts into disrepute by assaulting another player, Andy Jenkins.

Mr Nick Fullwell was fined £500.

4) Steve Maish at the Players Championship in Irvine on Sunday 8th November 2009 behaved in a manner likely to bring the game of darts into disrepute viz. engaging in discussions with other players that could be considered by others to be an attempt to undermine the integrity of the game.

Mr Maish was fined £200.

The DRA is satisfied that no attempt was made by Mr Maish, or any other player, to corruptly affect the outcome of a game. However the nature of the ill-advised comments at the practice boards was such that it did raise such suspicions. Such comments could in any event adversely and unfairly affect the preparation of other players in a tournament.

Should the DRA believe there is evidence of corruption in any case it would consider imposing a life ban on any player or member. Such a sanction is deemed appropriate as the effect on sponsors, promoters and broadcasters of corrupt actions could be so damaging to the reputation of darts.

The Darts Regulation Authority is grateful to those players, officials and members of the public who took the time to provide statements to the Disciplinary Committee relating to these matters.

Right of Appeal
    Anyone affected by a determination of the DRA Disciplinary Committee has a Right of Appeal in accordance with Rule 6.8(a) of the DRA Official Rule Book. Such an appeal must be made within 14 days of the person being served with a notice of sanction.

NB All money raised from players' fines is used to support the DRA Drug Testing Programme.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Andy Jenkins can appeal against his sentence which means if he does appeal the hearing won't be heard until the next DRA hearing which isn't scheduled till January 2010 which leaves him free to play in the World Championship. I think Andy got the proper sentence for his assault on Terry Jenkins but loopholes like these which allow Andy to still play in the World Championship in my view is a joke,if someone is to be punished for causing trouble the person should be hit with a severe sentence and that should have meant Andy missing the World Championship. By the way i'm not making a personal attack on Andy i've met him before and he's a nice lad but when he's boozed up he can be fairly boisterous!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

I think going by his previous record of assaulting another player the 4 months Andy Jenkins will serve is very light indeed. I think that as Nuland was open to the public and women, kids and sponsors witnessed the assault he should have at least served the full 2 years. That's presuming the statute of limitations had run out on his previous suspension.
    Hard to know what to make of Maish'es case as they give little detail but as a punter who bets on darts it sure makes him sound a bit dodgy though. icon9.gificon9.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Andy Jenkins has got off very lightly indeed. i thought he was facing at least a years ban. Bad call by the DRA I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Why was Terry reprimanded? The report i heard was that he was the innocent party.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I think going by his previous record of assaulting another player the 4 months Andy Jenkins will serve is very light indeed. I think that as Nuland was open to the public and women, kids and sponsors witnessed the assault he should have at least served the full 2 years. That's presuming the statute of limitations had run out on his previous suspension.
    Hard to know what to make of Maish'es case as they give little detail but as a punter who bets on darts it sure makes him sound a bit dodgy though. icon9.gificon9.gif

Maish was suppossed to have a gambling problem a few years baack (he might still have) At one stage he was asking for donatations on his website to raise the entry money to competitions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Don't know what happened, it could all be innocent and just been blown out of proportion (ie bit of banter to his mate "here you get beat so I can go through to next round" type of thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

greened wrote: »
    Maish was suppossed to have a gambling problem a few years baack (he might still have) At one stage he was asking for donatations on his website to raise the entry money to competitions!
    Thats interesting, he found it tough so like lotta players to scrape entry fee together. Still he'll have nice few bob earned by January. DRA be fairer to him and the punters if they came clean though !

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Thats interesting, he found it tough so like lotta players to scrape entry fee together. Still he'll have nice few bob earned by January. DRA be fairer to him and the punters if they came clean though !
    ye it would be. He is a nice fellow. played darts with him a few years ago in an exhibithion and had a few pints afterwards with him as I knew the lad that was organising the expo. Could tell you a bit more about him but I dont think he would like to be reminded (or anyone else to know) to much about how that night ended!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Are the two jenkins boys related in any way? What caused the argument, is there footage of it anywhere? I always liked Terry, thought he was a decent bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

The 2 Jenkins aren't related. Saw Andy in Killarney pretty steamed up trying to make another player drink out of a hip flask he had. He was fairly crude and wouldn't take no for an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

jenkins has appealled his ban, therefore can play next week.

C'MON MANLEY! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Bit of a joke that. I don't begrudge anyone the chance to play in the Worlds but if they banned him he should be banned or the appeal should be held before the Worlds.

Advertisement