Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

borough league doubles

Options
  • 27-11-2009 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

sorry lad's just wondering a subject that came up tonight ragarding the double's are player's eligible to play with a member of another team or if not so why are they obliged to play with a member of the team of which they're playing with. just curious:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

wayne76 wrote: »
    sorry lad's just wondering a subject that came up tonight ragarding the double's are player's eligible to play with a member of another team or if not so why are they obliged to play with a member of the team of which they're playing with. just curious:confused:
    also we need a transfer window mid season for player's that thing's dont work out with team's

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

also we need a transfer window mid season for player's that thing's dont work out with team's
    hahahahahahahahahahaha cheers wayne needed that laugh i take it has something to do with what we were only talking about the other day hahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭stretch26

poor wayne, dose no one want to play with you :D:D:D

yis muppet's it's something that just came up in conversation last night and i didn't know the answer, it's not concerning me the doubles is just one of those thing's that nobody ever looked into and the transfer thing is something involving somebody that joined a club didn't work out after him playing 4 games and has requested a transfer i just think he should be able to put a case to the league, :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

yis muppet's it's something that just came up in conversation last night and i didn't know the answer, it's not concerning me the doubles is just one of those thing's that nobody ever looked into and the transfer thing is something involving somebody that joined a club didn't work out after him playing 4 games and has requested a transfer i just think he should be able to put a case to the league, :p

Good point........yeah agree there should be a transfer window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭stretch26

CALM DOWN WAYNE.... its your own fault you cant get a partner, maybe if you could throw a dart you`d be alright:D:D:p:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm interested to know if you have to play with a member of your team as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

TBH I dont think many lads would play with people from different teams......could be wrong..........what happens if there is 13 lads on a team and everyone wants in........it means one lad off that team has no partner and cant play :confused: so maybe if the rule was brought in it would give this guy a chance to get a partner from another team.

stretch26 wrote: »
    CALM DOWN WAYNE.... its your own fault you cant get a partner, maybe if you could throw a dart you`d be alright:D:D:p:p
    asshole levins:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Wayne dont listen to these twats, think a transfer window would be proper order in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i think it would be a great idea to have a transfer window cause you never know if a player is going to work out or not and even if they were great in the warm-up games it's a different matter when the league starts

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

as far as im aware you can play with anybody thats playing in league it does,nt matter what team they play for

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

a transfare window could leave a team with no players half way through a season imagine if you lost 8 players to other teams and failed to sign any new players

bazm wrote: »
    a transfare window could leave a team with no players half way through a season imagine if you lost 8 players to other teams and failed to sign any new players
    the thinking was maybe one bar with the blessing of their captain, just in light of what happened with your old team mate i think there should be an option rather than sit out most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

A transfer window during the Christmas break is a great idea. I know a lot of guys who signed for a team with good intentions only to realise they had made a mistake and weren't comfortable with that team. Maybe they weren't getting a game every week,whereas before they were the first name on the team sheet. Or maybe they just wanted to go back to their old team with familiar friends. Whatever the reason,if someone is not happy playing for a certain team,they should be allowed to request a transfer from that team. It would of course then be at the captains discretion as to whether the request is granted.

Advertisement