Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indo rules?

Options
  • 25-11-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

can anybody tell me where i can get the official rules from the INDO please?

i thought they would been on there web site but from what i can see there is nothing .

is there any member of this site part of the indo that could shed some light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

mussha wrote: »
    can anybody tell me where i can get the official rules from the INDO please?

i thought they would been on there web site but from what i can see there is nothing .

is there any member of this site part of the indo that could shed some light.
    I'd say Dartgod ...who was involved with the INDO through Cork Darts for many years would know the ins and outs of it and he'll surely check in later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

I'd say Dartgod ...who was involved with the INDO through Cork Darts for many years would know the ins and outs of it and he'll surely check in later on.

C'mon, Pops, you know well that when I was involved with the INDO the Rule Book was available to all counties and that the rules were strictly adhered to ! ! !

Oh, how times have changed !

Sorry, Mussha, can't help you there but if you are involved with any county organisation ask your county secretary to request a copy from the INDO secretary.

- - - - - and don't hold your breath !

If you have any specific questions about INDO rules come back on here and somebody may be able to give you an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Dartgod wrote: »
    C'mon, Pops, you know well that when I was involved with the INDO the Rule Book was available to all counties and that the rules were strictly adhered to ! ! !

Oh, how times have changed !

Those were the days Pops ... those were the days frown.giffrown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

i am involved in county darts and ive asked the secetary and he told me he asked numerous times for the rules but has always been pawned off?

are the rules a secret or something?

there is a few diff rules i was to have a look ast is all as regarding 3 year rules with changing county.

the seeding order of county for the all ireland,s.

i thought the rules would be up on there web site in black and white for all to see. why arnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

i am involved in county darts and ive asked the secetary and he told me he asked numerous times for the rules but has always been pawned off?

are the rules a secret or something?

They are either TOP SECRET or NON-EXISTANT or else they have been bent and twisted so much that nobody can decipher them ! ! !

Keep asking questions, Mussha, and hopefully somebody will answer you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DrDarts

Wow, this gets better and better. A secretive society in our midst. INDO or CIA ??? Bet they've secret handshakes too

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

their are none except, neat dress at the inter counties and irish masters. i'd imagine they are the same rules as bdo/wdf though.

every organisation in the modern world has rules and guide lines to follow and every member is bound by these rules..
    howam i as a member of the indo ment to obey all the rules if i dont know what they are.

i only want to see the rules to ensure that i dont brake them.

who would i contact within the indo to get the rules?

and can anybody offer any help about the 3 year rule for changing county and the seedings?

padr81 wrote: »
    their are none except, neat dress at the inter counties and irish masters. i'd imagine they are the same rules as bdo/wdf though.

what do you mean by there are none?

also can i ask is the indo goverened by the wdf?

if its so hard to get rules form indo mabe the wdf can get them for me!!!

the indo are governed by wdf at least its says so on the wdf site.

getting the rules off the indo would be like getting the current rankings. Impossible to all who don't work for them. I presume BRIAN O FARRELL @ 0863597007 would be your best bet as he seems to run everything related to the INDO as far as I can see, if not i'm sure he could put you in the right direction, its the only number on the web****e they currently have.

• Advertisement

every organisation in the modern world has rules and guide lines to follow and every member is bound by these rules..
    howam i as a member of the indo ment to obey all the rules if i dont know what they are.

i only want to see the rules to ensure that i dont brake them.

who would i contact within the indo to get the rules?

and can anybody offer any help about the 3 year rule for changing county and the seedings?

what seedings? the rankings, i think its 4 points for winning a half ranked, 3 for 2nd, 2 for semi's and 1 for last 8, double that for full ranked, dunno if last 16 get a point in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

Mussha, I think it is a 5 year rule - if you tranfer to a county, you have to
    stick with them for 5 years.

Seedings - if you mean the INDO Inter Counties, I do not think they are
    seeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    Mussha, I think it is a 5 year rule - if you tranfer to a county, you have to
    stick with them for 5 years.

Correct and right there. Its 5 years you have to stay with the county you transfer to.
    We had this situation in our county where a player transfered to us and had to wait for 5 years to leave

thank for clearing up the 5 year rule .

are the teams in the all irelands not seeded before the group draws?
    i thought this was how it was done.
    just wondering how the seeding order is made up?

not a great feeling here for the indo me thinks?
    can anybody tel me why a commette that have no rules of wont give out rule are allowed to govern the irish darts?

Seedings - hard to tell, as I think Limerick, Dublin and Kilkenny ended up in
    the same group last year.

I was told that the last 8 or 4 from the previous year are seeded, but
    cannot confirm that as true.

I'm sure the committee have rules - at least they would abide by WDF
    rules. not giving them out, contact your county secretary and get him to
    push it.

If he gets no joy, put in a motion for the INDO AGM - distribute the rules
    to all counties - it would get support.

As for them running darts, if nobody else stands against them, then the
    status quo is maintained. All are elected at the AGM. Ask your county
    secretary.

I'd imagine nobody would want the roles, so few people would oppose
    them.

i have asked the county sect but have been told time and time again he was giving the run around and cant get the rules from them.

how can i put forward a motion in there agm?
    where or when is the agm?
    there is no info on there web site.

talk to your county secretary.

AGM is 17th January.

Motions have to be in by the middle of next week I think.

Your county secretary should have got a letter about this in early
    November.

Advertisement