Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canibus & d12 - Eminem Diss

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I think you put up the wrong link.

I know Canibus had a feud with him going back years but I'm very surprised to hear D-12 getting involved on his side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Clearly fake on d12's part. That's just some old verses mixed in. I mean it just doesn't make sense for D12 to diss eminem. They only performed together a few weeks ago. Think the others on the track are DZK. I'm not sure what provoked Canibus to do this now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

heres a new link

http://thisis50.com/forum/topics/d12-and-canibus-diss-eminem

Yeah im not too sure if the D12 part in this is real, i doubt they'd go at Em, but the rest is legit

Only a few weeks ago I heard a new Canibus track where he sampled Em - Till i collapse for his hook, Im sure what started this

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i think Canibus is set to release a new album so it could be just all spin for that. I think he released an album with Keith Murray recently too.

Or, it could be all manufactured for the re-relesae of Relapse.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Doesn't matter Canibus is rubbish anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Osu wrote: »
    Doesn't matter Canibus is rubbish anyway

I wouldnt go as far as saying he was rubbish, i think it was more a case of bad management and poor career choices.

He was releasing amazing singles, amazing guest appearances, amazing hype.....and then he signed up to Wyclef who directed his career poorly. He has released some decent albums too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldnt go as far as saying he was rubbish, i think it was more a case of bad management and poor career choices.

He was releasing amazing singles, amazing guest appearances, amazing hype.....and then he signed up to Wyclef who directed his career poorly. He has released some decent albums too.

Fair point about career management. But I would also take on board that Canibus is keeping this beef alive for publicity (I know it pre-dates MM LP). I mean Canibus has had a few decent singles 100 bars, Negative 2 and Mic-nifficent to name a few. But Em has tried to kill this beef and Canibus is trying to keep it going. I think he should move on with his career.

Also how come Em has never had anything to say about Kurupt over this beef? Ain't Kurupt, Daz and Canibus tight and The Game pretty tight with Kurupt...

I think the The HRSMN are absolute drivel anyway.

I might be wrong, but sure, it's only my opinion.

And D-12 ain't rapping with Canibus. I mean that would be a bad move.

Osu wrote: »
    Fair point about career management. But I would also take on board that Canibus is keeping this beef alive for publicity (I know it pre-dates MM LP). I mean Canibus has had a few decent singles 100 bars, Negative 2 and Mic-nifficent to name a few. But Em has tried to kill this beef and Canibus is trying to keep it going. I think he should move on with his career.

Also how come Em has never had anything to say about Kurupt over this beef? Ain't Kurupt, Daz and Canibus tight and The Game pretty tight with Kurupt...

I think the The HRSMN are absolute drivel anyway.

I might be wrong, but sure, it's only my opinion.

And D-12 ain't rapping with Canibus. I mean that would be a bad move.

The whole diss thing is to get him back on the hip hop worlds radar. It worked wonders for him with LL Cool J but has never really boiled over with his Em beef.....although they are connected and there are some good songs off the back of it.

It goes back to before either of them released an album and they where known for thier freestyle abilities and there where acusations that Em was ghost writing lyrics for LL on the ripper strikes back. There where then words exchanged on a radio show or something.

Havent heard anything about Kurupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

its a serioulsly good track

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Don't you all get tired with this manufactured beef bull****?

I mean, back when battling was a competitive sport, this stuff would have been noteworthy. But now its all just an attempt to grab some internet headlines.

• Advertisement

floggg wrote: »
    Don't you all get tired with this manufactured beef bull****?

I mean, back when battling was a competitive sport, this stuff would have been noteworthy. But now its all just an attempt to grab some internet headlines.

Yeah it does get boring, especially when its digging up an old feud that happened around 7 years ago, but nothing interesting is happening in hip hop at the moment and this could spark Em back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

EM is well sparked up already bud.. he's bringing out relapse refill and relapse 2 in next couple of months, i dont think em wants to do the whole beef thing anymore even though beef(battling) is part of hip hop and if someone challinges someone you should respond and battle i.e beef

but i know what your sayin todays beef is crazy its not even about rap skills anymore

EM is well sparked up already bud.. he's bringing out relapse refill and relapse 2 in next couple of months, i dont think em wants to do the whole beef thing anymore even though beef(battling) is part of hip hop and if someone challinges someone you should respond and battle i.e beef

but i know what your sayin todays beef is crazy its not even about rap skills anymore

true, but id like Em to start spitting the way he was back in 2000 when he was p!ssed off, and I thought something like this might set him off

your right, as far as I know Mr. Porter came out and said Em isnt responding, surprised at that because Canibus mentioned Hayley and Proof so I thought Em might have responded

I know, most hip hop beef today is pointless, bring back freestyle battles!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

horsebox09 wrote: »
    true, but id like Em to start spitting the way he was back in 2000 when he was p!ssed off, and I thought something like this might set him off

your right, as far as I know Mr. Porter came out and said Em isnt responding, surprised at that because Canibus mentioned Hayley and Proof so I thought Em might have responded

I know, most hip hop beef today is pointless, bring back freestyle battles!

Forget about Em, for every great song he comes out with, he'll come out with another stinker like puke or something. Nas, Jay or even Pharoahe wouldn't get a pass if they put out such garbage, why should he!

He's dead to me.

floggg wrote: »
    Forget about Em, for every great song he comes out with, he'll come out with another stinker like puke or something. Nas, Jay or even Pharoahe wouldn't get a pass if they put out such garbage, why should he!

He's dead to me.

Em gets a pass because he's white of course! I think Jay has put out alot of rubbish, as has Nas. Em is one of my favorite emcees, I know he's put out some awful stuff but every mainstream rapper has, hes put out ALOT more good material than bad. In terms of straight spitting, nobody comes close to him at this moment and time imo.

Advertisement