Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Darts moving towards unification?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

I know theres a topic on the pdc bid for the bdo but just wonder your opinions on this.

the grand slam has been a serious eye opener id say for the likes of o'shea,waites and even teddy boy.playing for not even a fraction of the money than whats offered on the pdc circuit and only 2 tournaments on tv compared to 6 for the pdc.

as much as i love the lakeside competition its fast becoming a guessing game every january as to how many players will join the pdc.surely waites and o'shea are on their way over come february (or maybe before)

we all know olly croft is the man that stands in the way of a unification but no doubt this week has been one of the worst ever for the bdos image.it would be great to see combined tournaments throughout the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

they said on itv earlier waites is considering a offer from the pdc so thats him gone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

To answer your question no I don't think darts is going towards unification. As long as Olly Croft is running the BDO it will never happen.

As for Waites I would be very surprised if he didn't switch, the £50k he won last last night was more that he has won in his entire career so far. Money speaks and I reckon he will move. He is more than capable of doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm thinking there is a possibility of O'Shea switching.... He really seemed to enjoy himself this week.

Advertisement