Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Cosmetics

Options
  • 22-11-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I'm currently transitioning from vegetarian to vegan. I've changed my diet, and am replacing my toiletries as they run out.

Does anyone have any information on vegan cosmetics and toiletries that are available in Ireland? I live in Dublin. I use original source shampoo and shower gel, but other than that I'm fairly clueless! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

there are many choices for you in Dublin - I try to stick with brands that have the vegan symbol, like lavera for handcreams and make-up , faith in nature for shampoo and conditioner, and hand soap etc(Nourish on Wexford St are well stocked with both, as well as most The Health Store branches - Stillorgan, Blackrock and Dundrum might be your closest; also see here). Have a gander at this old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Thanks a million, that's really helpful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

no probs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Seems like some cosmetics have more than just animal products in them - see this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8369674.stm for new depths in human depravity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Jesus, that's awful. I wonder to omnivores in general know how much crap is in everyday products? My husband LOVES meat, but is eating vegetarian for a week to see if he can do it, and to see what it's like. We went to the supermarket yesterday, and was amazed that he couldn't have certain chocolate bars, beers, cheeses and fizzy drinks. If nothing else, his experiment has showed him exactly how many animal products he consumes without knowing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Seems like some cosmetics have more than just animal products in them - see this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8369674.stm for new depths in human depravity

omg! *vomit*

That is disgusting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Jason Organics have a great range of shampoos, shower gel, moisturisers, etc., they are stocked in loads of health food shops as well.

Advertisement