Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH HIP HOP

Options
  • 21-11-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Any a ya listen to IHH?....KNOW OF ANY IRISH RAPPERS...COLLIE?..REDZER?..LOADS MORE...HIT I UP..Plenty of decent gigs around this city, jus gotta slow down n look...ghgh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Have to say Urban MC's are brilliant. Only heard 2 of their songs and not sure of anymore they have. Would definetely go see them if they did any gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

aye there decent..warren gifford is in dem i know...go to irish hip hop.com see them n all there gear there..loads of hip hop on there...tbf, lotta better stuff out here than urban mc`s..... search nifty skillz..only 17 or sumit..lethal he is... big siyo, simon young defo worth a search....hes a good friend a mine.. to be honest irish hip hop could be doin worse...getn better everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Irish hiphop is absolutely horrendous for the most part..Seems to me to be gimmicky one trick ponys happy with the exact same 20 heads showing up to thier every time..all that **** sounds the same...OH WERE NOT AMERICAN -fair ****s..do ye want a medal for not putting on a fake accent? How about bringing something original to the table?

Messiah j, Infomatics and Rob Kelly are about the only decent acts around now..People like Homebrew, Exile eye and Scary Eire were good back in the day but they same to have disappeared of the face of the earth

point taken...to be fair, there is plenty of original out there..jus gottsta look...not a fan of rob kelly meself...messiah n the expert are good for radio n da likes,..there decent alri....theres plenty of riff raff in the irish scene tho...but, theres a few decent geezers out there....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Siyo and Warren are muck.

Infos, Mjex, Rob Kelly, Class A'z and Mave Sabre.

The rest is worth ignoring.

We have some quality DJ's too.

tuki, Mek, Flip and Kormac to name but a few.

• Advertisement

aye...class a`s are deadly,..mav sabre is decent...not mad about dj`s nowadays....too many cd deck donkeys...i know everyone uses em but it blurs the line of a good dj to an average dj....siyo aint muck,..ha...gots some plenty a original tunes....hes lethal, imo,...bit bias tho...ghghghhg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

RíRá from Scary Eire brought out an album this year called Horses Work For Donkeys Wages. Best Irish album of the year but he hasn't exactly done a lot of promo for it. Exile Eye is on the album as well.

Of course there's a lot of bad stuff. There are loads of ****e US and UK stuff as well. You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

We could probably do with a few more people/groups that take their work seriously like MJEX, Infomatics and Rob Kelly but if other people want to tip away and make music from enjoyment then I can understand that as well because making music is a hard way to make a living.

While the subjects Siyo raps about aren't very different from the other Dublin rappers I think he's got quite a different delivery. Doesn't sound like anybody else in Ireland. He's a nice ear for beats as well. This tunes smashing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pehvbMGpx2s

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

have to say I enjoy CMX..

good producer 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

And on the subject of Producers....

I hear that Monto chap makes some bangin Boom Bap ;)

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

Mjex, Rob Kelly, Class A'z and Mave Sabre, captain moonlight, scary éire, marxmen, aycee/gudmen, soutmouths, collie, dht, dilligenz, disfunk (and mo-t), razorblade, urban intel and 3rd eye surfers

rest have the odd good or decent song but otherwise muck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Mjex, Rob Kelly, Class A'z and Mave Sabre, captain moonlight, scary éire, marxmen, aycee/gudmen, soutmouths, collie, dht, dilligenz, disfunk (and mo-t), razorblade, urban intel and 3rd eye surfers

rest have the odd good or decent song but otherwise muck

nice list but i'm still struggling to find the appeal of Rob Kelly.
    People like Homebrew, Exile eye and Scary Eire were good back in the day but they same to have disappeared of the face of the earth

Is there anywhere i can get hold of those guy's stuff? Did Cool C and Captain moonlight have something to do with Homebrew or am i thinkin of someone else?

In terms of production i think the Rubberbandits would take some beating. it kind of gets forgotton underneath the lyrics :D but they have some really nice beats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

check irishhiphop.com or his website or crow st in the music shop

Advertisement