Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all new low for carnivores (graphic video)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Smegmar - why exactly do you think us veggies want to see the vid?! I haven't watched it and don't plan to.

This isn't the dog thing is it?
    (I don't wanna watch it either)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No...

I'll put it in spoilers:
    It's a video of a fish on a plate that has been deep fried, while alive and then served. The fish is still moving on the plate and clearly alive. Absolutely sickening and disturbing and I can't for the life of me thing of any any valid reason why someone would want to do this. Some seriously fucked up people out there to want to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I don't really appreciate you using the word 'carnivores' to lump everyone who eats meat in with those sickos. It's as silly as saying 'Chinese people have sunk to a new low' only you wouldn't say that because it's racist and stupid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

First of all, I don't see the point in using the phrase carnivores. It's nonsense, and to be honest only makes you sound ignorant, as bad as people who throw around insulting veggie remarks. I would imagine that there are very few carnivore humans, a lot less than vegitarians.

Secondly, do you honestly think that video was real. I haven't watch it, but I really can't see how it could be.

Edit: I watch it, its fake, looks fake when still, and the timing confirms its fake. It's most likely one of those singing fish on the type wall things.
    TBH, I don't see the point of it here, Mod delete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Mellor wrote: »

Edit: I watch it, its fake, looks fake when still, and the timing confirms its fake. It's most likely one of those singing fish on the type wall things.
    TBH, I don't see the point of it here, Mod delete?

Its real, I have seen a few of these videos' its called chinese speed cooking, they even compete.

Not the most pleasant thing in the world, the de-scaling beforehand is particularly brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yes because all us carnivores go around taking chunks out of cows and sheep while they are still alive. My back garden is littered with the corpses of animals I have taken only a single bite from. I like watching as they slowly suffer and die...

or ya know, you could try using common sense...as a meat eater, that video is disgusting (if it's not faked...). Humane rearing and slaughtering ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

seen some of the competitions on television a year or two ago. Not very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its real, I have seen a few of these videos' its called chinese speed cooking, they even compete.

Not the most pleasant thing in the world, the de-scaling beforehand is particularly brutal.
    Speed cooking may well exist, but I reallty don't think the above video is a legit example of it. That was my point, not that it (and worse) doesn't go on in the world.

Seriously though, thread nuke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

This really isn't contributing to the forum at all. Thread locked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement