Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Comp 28th Dec

Options
  • 17-11-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Iv just been asked to organise a open darts comp in Trim, Co. Meath on the 28th December.
    The concern I have is the fact thats its over the christmas period.
    Opinions Please ;);)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

501darts wrote: »
    Iv just been asked to organise a open darts comp in Trim, Co. Meath on the 28th December.
    The concern I have is the fact thats its over the christmas period.
    Opinions Please ;);)

TBH I reckon it would be a great time to organise a comp.........1. The darts on tv has everyone practicing and looking to play games. 2. Most peeps are off work over the crimbo.

Wait the 28th is a monday.........is that right? ......monday would seem a strange day to play a comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

MBC wrote: »
    Wait the 28th is a monday.........is that right? ......monday would seem a strange day to play a comp.

yeah, make it the 25th, guaranteed a big crowd :D

We were thinking of running a comp over Christmas, but the 2 Fridays (25th and 1st), plus New Years Eve, Stephen's Day and Stephen's Day hangovers put paid to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

There are a lot of pubs that have comps on bank holiday mondays and they usually have fairly successful turnouts.
    Its more "the wife wont let me go" factor that im worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i would probably go to a reasonably priced tournament or 2 over christmas, im of work from the 19th - 4th so will have free time :D

i would probably go to a reasonably priced tournament or 2 over christmas, im of work from the 19th - 4th so will have free time :D[/quote

I was thinkin about €10 or €15 and get the bar manager to throw in a couple of hundred just to boost the prize fund

• Advertisement

I was thinkin about €10 or €15 and get the bar manager to throw in a couple of hundred just to boost the prize fund[/quote]

€10 - €15, probably managable, i think you'll get more throwers at a 10er, depends on the venue ya know

how big, how many boards etc etc

you'd want at least 8 boards if you want a big number

The venue has guarenteed to have 6 boards upstairs and we should get 2 downstairs handily enough .... the only problem with a 10er is it leaves the prize fund fairly miserly.
    64 entries at 10er is only €640 plus €200 from the bar is €840, it only leaves 400 to the winner €240 to runner up and €100 each to losing semi finalists ...... i want to have somethin for 1/4 finalists

Dont be afraid to ask for more from the bar

I know some bars that put 1000 behind the prize fund at the thought of 60-100 drinkers in their establishment for the day

Advertisement