Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner party ideas

Options
  • 16-11-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Think there was a thread about this before, but I can't find it so I'm starting a new one! Basically, me and my friends are doing our own version of "Come Dine With Me", and I'm hosting this friday. I want to make them a veggie meal that tastes really nice, just to show them you dont need meat to make a "proper" dinner.(Also because I want to win!) I think I'm going to avoid tofu and the like as I think it would put the meat eaters off straight away! So does anyone have any impressive(and easy!) dinner party recipes that I could use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'd say it would work best if you cook a recipe which you already know well and love, that way there can be no problems. What is your favourite meal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I'd say it would work best if you cook a recipe which you already know well and love, that way there can be no problems. What is your favourite meal? :)
    This is good advice! probably a veg and cashew stir fry i make that is quite delicious! stir-fry might not be a great idea for a dinner party though! what you think of veggie sheperds pie with sweet potato mash? Turned out nice for me before, and think would be good for a wintery day!

I think the stir fry sounds delicious! Just stuff them with a dessert after :) The shepards pie sounds good too... would you be using fake mince, or stuffing it with veg, or both? It is was just fake mince, I guess it wouldn't be too exciting... mmmm sweet potato mash *yum*

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I think the stir fry sounds delicious! Just stuff them with a dessert after :) The shepards pie sounds good too... would you be using fake mince, or stuffing it with veg, or both? It is was just fake mince, I guess it wouldn't be too exciting... mmmm sweet potato mash *yum*
    yeah the sweet potato mash is what attracted me to it! yum! nah just veg,
    don't go in much for that fake meat stuff!!
    this is the recipe
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4382/veggie-shepherds-pie-with-sweet-potato-mash
    pic looks nicer than my version though! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i cant cook but id say pie! just some sort of yummy veggie pie! mmmmmm

was never mad on shepards pie though :/

sounds like a fun thing to do with ur mates (wish i cud cook!!)

hope u win!!!

• Advertisement

oh, thanks for the recipe :)

Advertisement