Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda McCartney chilli non-carne stockists?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

In Dublin city centre/Drogheda or even Newry?

I've just moved back from the UK where I was able to buy this product pretty easily in Holland & Barratt and a local deli, but haven't seen it *anywhere* since I moved home.

I've tried making it with the Linda McCartney mince but it was vile, the texture was completely different (chewy, yuck!) to how it is in the pre-prepared chilli - and I did cook it correctly.

Help!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haven't seen it before, maybe ask in Holland & Barratt for them to order it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

chilli non carne? not chilli con carne?

never seen it before myself, just curious about the name :)

id also say ask them to order it in, if they do it over there than it shouldnt be too hard for them to order it in, plus if they do then we could try it too!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I imagine non is a clever play on the fact that there is no meat in it >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

the holland and barrett stores in the UK have a much greater range. I've never seen any fridge/freezer fake meat stuff in their shops in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I m not a Vegan - however in swords there is a supermarket called JCs on the Rathbeale Road that will check with their Linda McCartney suppliers and will check by listing the product in their out of stock book.

My daughter has a load of allergies and they have stocked stuff - it would help if you have product details or packaging.

What you do is find a manager and ask them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement