Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELE Exam B1

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Has anyone done this exam. I arrived in Dublin too late to take a class with Cervantes and now the exam is tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do! Looking at Cervantes' website at the moment which is partially helpful.
    The main thing I'm wondering about is the oral exam. Can I just turn up and talk or do I have to prepare something to bring in and talk about?
    And any idea what level I would need for this? I spent almost a year in South America so can talk away fine, and studied the grammar for a year in college so hope I'll be ok.
    Any advice would be wonderful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

I haven't done the DELE but I found this site which lists the parts of the exam: http://www.spanishunlimited.com/su/dele-eng/cie.asp.

For the oral part it says:
    "Prueba 5: Oral exam
    (10 minutes)
    Talk with the examiners about a picture or photograph for ten minutes."

So I'm guessing they give you a picture or a photograph to talk about.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi sorry to butt in,

but does anyone know if these certificates are recognised by the teaching council in ireland or anything? or are they mostly just useful for spanish employers?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Hi sorry to butt in,

but does anyone know if these certificates are recognised by the teaching council in ireland or anything? or are they mostly just useful for spanish employers?

cheers

According to Instituto Cervantes:

“DELE Official Certification of Spanish Language Proficiency
    If you can speak Spanish but do not have a certificate to prove it or if your workplace
    requires a certificate of Spanish proficiency or a Spanish language diploma that is valid throughout the world, you can register at Instituto Cervantes for the D.E.L.E. (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) exam issued by Spain’s Ministry of Education.
    The exam offers official accreditation of mastery of the Spanish language for citizens of countries in which Spanish is not the official language.”

It’s mainly used as a guide to employers as to what level of Spanish you have or some people just do the exams as something to work towards as part of learning Spanish.

Instituo Cervantes run a separate course for the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language but I don’t know if this would be accepted or recognised by The Teaching Council.

Advertisement