Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DollHouse Cancelled

• 11-11-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭

Dollhouse has been cancelled.

Fox will air all 13 episodes of season two, but that all..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Dollhouse has been cancelled.

Fox will air all 13 episodes of season two, but that all..

Sad, but not surprised. Hope they give it a good send off and either tie into the future episode or show what happens after it.

I am amazed he blew such a chance when given the second season, season two TBF has been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Sorry to hear that, but it was kind of inevitable once the first two poor episodes were broadcast and the ratings were rubbish. Hopefully we will get to enjoy some quality episodes and let the show go out on something of a high (and then get a movie two years later to tie up the loose ends :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, least surprising news of the season... at least Whedon did get a second chance this time but blew it. Hopefully his next show will be something much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

This was not only the worst whedonverse show it was possibly the worst show on tv!!! AWFUL!!!
    Did enjoy Epitaph One episode that was never run. Everything else about it was horrible. Glad its cancelled.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

i think a past future split ala lost would have been the way to go for season 2. Hope his next one will be good or this board is going to be very lonely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, I'd agree with what's been said.

I thought the show started off terribly with the "Doll Of The Week" format but seemed to be going in the right direction when it dealt with the actual Dollhouse / Echo / Ballard / Alpha etc.

However, I was geared for season 2 when I thought Whedon was going to deal primarily with the more interesting Dollhouse storyline, only for the first few episodes of be tired "Doll of The Week" scenarios.

If I was back at the end of season 1.. I would have been far more annoyed at it's cancellation. But now, I'm not all that suprised or bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Well I think the format got tired really quickly and no matter how much fun it was to watch Dusku every week even that wasn't enough to keep me going!

Though I dont blame Whedon entirely. I reckon Fox made him lighten the tone of the show. But even for Season 2 it was boring as hell. I tapped out after that horror show of an episode with teh baby...the one where she was the mother...holy night that was it. I gave up.

I had high hopes for the Cabin In The Woods movie but now thats been delayed for over a year so that "it can be made 3D" sounds like the studio has issues with that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Advertisement