Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invite for TCD/DIT/DCU/Dublin college veggies to join UCD's Veg Soc for a Pot Luck

Options
  • 11-11-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

UCD Veg Soc's next event is a Pot Luck on the evening of Thursday the 19th of November. The aim to to make sweet and savoury dishes which are vegetarian, and which can also be egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free etc. and that everyone shares what they made. As no other Dublin college have vegetarian societies, I'd like to extend the invite to other college students who are interested in joining us. :) If you are interested, let me know and I'll sent on the info.

Comments

What will I make? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

anything :) i'm making (vegan) sticky toffee puddings and my sister is making a (vegan) curry. haven't had any replies yet from ucd veggies, so i hope they get enthusiastic soon! i'll eat without them :D we'll have a microwave, so heating aint an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

As a Trinity veggie, I spit at your UCD invite. We don't associate with your type.

Nah, really though, sounds like a cool idea! I'll do it if Tar does it... :P

you'll just have to come anyway :D I'll pm you some info about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I'm a grad student in UCD. I didn't know there was a vegetarian society at all. As I didn't do my undergrad there I don't know many people, so I may pop along to an event...

• Advertisement

cool, do come along. the society was only started this year. still waiting on official society status. it's brand new :)

just bought some plastic plates in IKEA to bring along for people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Ooh I may pop along with a view to setting up a veggie soc in DIT! Also with a view to getting free food...

yey! so, you'll figure out who i am (as I'll be the one running about making sure everything is going well and setting up) and i'll ask everyone if they are "phic", "i-digress" or "bythewoods" from boards :D

Forgot to say i-digress, hopefully this wil be a good chance for you to meet lots of people.

i recommend you bring a fork or spoon at least - i'll bring the new plates. as we aren't official yet, there are no funds to have these bought already, but eventually we'll have all this sorted.

oh, and if you want me to stick you on the mailing list about events, just send me your name and email address. it's just me sending the emails about events anyhow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Yeah hopefully! I was thinking of bringing a vegetarian/vegan friendly jambalaya if that suits? Yay, I'm looking forward to this now :D

Maybe I'll make some cornbread to go with that.
    Oh mi o my ouh!

• Advertisement

yum yum

haven't had cornbread in ages :) is it usually vegan?! *drools*

Anything I make, I'll make vegan.
    Just cos I hate when I like the look of things but I can't have them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bythewoods wrote: »
    As a Trinity veggie, I spit at your UCD invite. We don't associate with your type.

Nah, really though, sounds like a cool idea!

Doubt I'd be seen associating with UCDD people, you can just cook and bring it to my house instead. :p
    Alternatively 13e in cornucopia hehe
    bythewoods wrote:
    I'll do it if Tar does it... :P
    naughty.gif

Doubt I'd be seen associating with UCDD people, you can just cook and bring it to my house instead. :p
    Alternatively 13e in cornucopia hehe

naughty.gif

Channa puri with Halva desert is 5.99 in Medina :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh that's a really good price for that, me want.

Oh that's a really good price for that, me want.

It is a Sunday special...did I mention I am recovering in Dublin next weekend :D

Might be in sligo for brothers bday, will see!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Muffin top

UCD Veg Soc's next event is a Pot Luck on the evening of Thursday the 19th of November. The aim to to make sweet and savoury dishes which are vegetarian, and which can also be egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free etc. and that everyone shares what they made. As no other Dublin college have vegetarian societies, I'd like to extend the invite to other college students who are interested in joining us. :) If you are interested, let me know and I'll sent on the info.

So what time does the feast start at? I was thinking about making oatie bars with a caramel sauce; all vegan of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Any ideas yet what stuff other people are bringing? I havn't decided what i'm making yet, so if you need more mains, nibbles, desserts etc let me know! I was thinking nut koftas with mint yogurt, but feel i should prob make something vegan!

Muffin top wrote: »
    So what time does the feast start at? I was thinking about making oatie bars with a caramel sauce; all vegan of course!

You should like bring them into college, so I can see them, for research purposes.
    >_>

• Advertisement

Right...............right.....research........

I should bring them into Cornucopia in the morn, start my empire..oats that's where the mula is;)

I wonder can you have alcohol at this fiesta. I could make vodka jelly shots, nom. nom, nom.........who am I kidding by the time I reach UCD there'd be nothing but empty shot glasses.

Might be in sligo for brothers bday, will see!

The mind boggles that one coastline is capable of containing that much good hair. :eek:
    What happened to this space time continum science thing?

Right...............right.....research........

I should bring them into Cornucopia in the morn, start my empire..oats that's where the mula is;)

I wonder can you have alcohol at this fiesta. I could make vodka jelly shots, nom. nom, nom.........who am I kidding by the time I reach UCD there'd be nothing but empty shot glasses.

I vote Muffin tops christmas party 2009 mixologist.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I vote Muffin tops christmas party 2009 mixologist.

Great! I have one of those mixer things, it has a disco ball pattern. Can I also be mixology taster?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The mind boggles that one coastline is capable of containing that much good hair. :eek:
    What happened to this space time continum science thing?

I have get this, 3 brothers! One actually has to shave his head as scientists discoveredthe earth was reaching a critical mass of good hair centred on sligo.

I'll pm you the details.

Oatie bars with carmel sauce sounds delicious! Mmm vegan :D

I haven't had many responses with details, but did get one just now to say one girl was making roast squash with spinach (and maybe feta too for the veggies). *nyom nyom nyom* One guy said he'd make stir fry, but vouched that he couldn't cook *cough* cokacolumbo*cough*. I think the nori rolls are on the menu again. Basically just make whatever you are good at :) i'm deffo doing sticky toffee puddings. I'll think about adding something to that. Prob. something else sweet. I wish more people would get round to replying and letting me know!

There is no need to have what you make as vegan, but me and monellia (on boards) are vegan, so if it can be made vegan easily, we'll love you more, but no hard feelings if not.

Oh, and please email/pm me an ingredients list, just so people who might have particular allergies/intolerances will know what is in what you made.

I think people are probably either too lazy to cook, or there afraid of the potential criticism.

So I think we should set our expectations low, so low in fact that no one even cares if you fail, therefore no one shall be disappointed!

that's what i did last time and i was over-joyed at the result!

that's what i did last time and i was over-joyed at the result!

Everyone's a winner!

• Advertisement

Great! I have one of those mixer things, it has a disco ball pattern. Can I also be mixology taster?

I already volenteered for that job. :P

Advertisement