Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Vegan Coconut Fudge Recipe

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd share with you the most amazing dessert I made on the weekend!

- 3 cups walnuts
    - 2 cups dessicated coconut
    - 5/8ths cup of agave nectar
    - 1/2 cup carob powder or cacao powder

Grind the walnuts in a food processor til they are paste-like. Then add to the rest of the ingredients and stir until fully mixed. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and press down firmly. Chill for a while to get a more solid texture then cut into squares. Ta-Dah! It's heavenly! The boyfriend went crazy over it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Sounds delightful except,how much can you actually taste the walnuts? I am not a walnut fan.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Hmm, I won't lie, you can actually *taste* them and tell it's walnut, as... well... there's 3 cups of them in there LOL!!! But combined with the agave nectar and coconut it's a lovely mixture and it takes the funny "dry" taste away from the walnuts as it's so succulent, if you get what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Should it not be cacao to qualify as raw? Cocoa is the processed cacao I thought? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Mmmm,I get you, still don't think it's for me though. Guess I'll just avoidit then. I'll have to keep my coconut fix with my Thai currys then.

cormie wrote: »
    Should it not be cacao to qualify as raw? Cocoa is the processed cacao I thought? :)

gah! thanks for pointing the typo out - will amend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

sounds delicious :) thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

You could use any nut really.
    I use blitzed soaked dates rather than agave syrup in mine gives it a more toffeeish taste.
    If you jack up the coconut you've got vegan macaroons.

I use blitzed soaked dates rather than agave syrup in mine gives it a more toffeeish taste.

I am so going to try this, sounds gorgeous, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

You could use any nut really.
    If you jack up the coconut you've got vegan macaroons.

Or if you leave out the coconut and use the dates you have a fairly typical Raw Brownie recipe.
    Can be iced as well if you want them sweeter.

Advertisement