Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triple easier in cricket than 01...why?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

for whatever reason i find it easier to hit triples in cricket than 01 games... i even pretend mentally that i am playing cricket when playing 501... but doesnt work... anyone else has this problem and figured out how to solve it.. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

diversinc wrote: »
    for whatever reason i find it easier to hit triples in cricket than 01 games... i even pretend mentally that i am playing cricket when playing 501... but doesnt work... anyone else has this problem and figured out how to solve it.. ?

Mind games will drive you mental.

Cricket is a great game to get you to work around the board, so that you are not just wearing out the Trip20.

I had a friend with a similar issue who considered himself a 'cricket' player. I told him to play a game of 501 like a game of Dirty Cricket. Hit as many 20s, then 19s, 18s and then go back to 20s. It seemed to work very well for him and he got over the mental aspect of switching games.

I had another friend who would throw bulls when she couldn't hit the trip20.

I didn't play Cricket in our leagues for a few years (I was only playing 301 and 501) thinking that I wasn't a 'great' Cricket player. When travelling to tournaments, I discovered that I was making more money in the Cricket events than anything else.

A little change is a good thing from time to time.

Advertisement