Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to be a better darter?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

i've been playing darts a year and a half now... i read and watch videos practice hard... really luv it.. but began playing tournament level and now trying to really play.. problem.. i would throw 140. 100. 140. 100. but then all of a sudden i throw 26.11. 41. its not the finishing its jus losing my line.. i check everything stance grip focus breathing.. i jus all of the sudden dont feel comfortable and fluent in throwing and cant figure it out..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

diversinc wrote: »
    i've been playing darts a year and a half now... i read and watch videos practice hard... really luv it.. but began playing tournament level and now trying to really play.. problem.. i would throw 140. 100. 140. 100. but then all of a sudden i throw 26.11. 41. its not the finishing its jus losing my line.. i check everything stance grip focus breathing.. i jus all of the sudden dont feel comfortable and fluent in throwing and cant figure it out..:confused:

Sounds to me like you're concentrating too hard. If you are concentrating too hard on stance, grip, focus and breathing, you're not concentrating enough on the most important thing - throwing the dart! Loosen up, forget about your breathing and just throw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 diversinc

sometimes a person could really think too much... jus throw the dart.. cool... so simple it just might work... thanks

Advertisement