Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mos Def, Jay Electronica, Curren$y Record Group Album

Options
  • 07-11-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Sounds good.
    Curren$y said Mos came up with the name of "Center Edge Territory" for the trio. When asked exactly what the moniker means, Curren$y would only comment emphatically, "Everything! That's everything!

"We all know the game is in turmoil. We know the machine messed it up," he added, explaining why they will be putting their music out independently instead of with a major label. "We know we don't even need to play that game, especially with access to all of this sh--. We are our own machine."

So far, Center Edge Territory have recorded six records together, but they have no concrete plans as to when the full-length album will drop.

"The funny thing, it came from just chilling," Dash said. "If you're gonna be here [at DD172], there's no hanging out.

"There's no reason to be here unless you have the ability to work or you're working," Dash explained of the space Mos nicknamed of the "24-Hour Karate School." "This is like an office where you work in a different way."

Dash is putting out BlakRoc by the Black Keys (featuring collaborations with Mos Def, Jim Jones, Q-Tip, Ludacris, RZA and others) on November 27. Meanwhile, Curren$y just completed an album with a group he formed called the Muscle Car Chronicles, which includes Thomas Pridgen from the Mars Volta and newcomer Sean O'Connell.

Link.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

here's another snippet i found on it
    Mos Def, Jay Electronica and Curren$y have joined forces, meeting coincidently at Dame Dash’s new music facility DD172. “I never met B]Jay Electronica[/B until I stepped foot in this building. He came here to meet Mos. And Mos, I had only known him for 24 hours prior to that. But genuine people could recognize [each other], it was like, 'Let's go,” Curren$y told MTV.com.
    Verifying the groups’ name as Center Edge Territory, Curren$y added, “Mos came up with that, I can’t take credit for that.”
    The group has reportedly recorded six records together thus far for the album. While they are planning to release it independently, there is no set date on when the project will surface.

i'll be keeping my eye on this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Unfortunately, Jay is probably the laziest MC in the game, and Mos Def is almost as bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

...but, it's on dash's new label and i doubt he would want any lazyness for his projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Is Curren$y now on Dame Dash's label then?

Some interesting projects Dame has going.

Not sure if Curren$y is on the label. But yeah, some interesting stuff going on. Apparently, the Black Keys album was recorded in 11 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement