Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Forum Name!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Guys,

Just leave it as it is, 'kay?

*vanishes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I call shenanigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    No, I've decided that we're not changing the name :)

Hail King Fad!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

deise_girl wrote: »
    I have voted. What did I click? Yee may never know :)
    Ahh well I clicked no!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That is so brilliant. So, The Breakfast Club it is? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

:pac: Didn't see that one coming, did you?

Since An File is temporarily unavailable for comment and the ghost of JC 2K3 has returned just to vote to keep the name, I think we'll leave it for the time be.

Oh and deise_girl - way to ruin the mystery of your vote for everyone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

:pac: Didn't see that one coming, did you?

Since An File is temporarily unavailable for comment and the ghost of JC 2K3 has returned just to vote to keep the name, I think we'll leave it for the time be.
    JC 2K3 has as much voting right as any of us who voted in the poll on time. :(

Lol! :P
    Well people were saying what they were voting, just decided to join in.

What happens now?? Will there be another vote?

jumpguy wrote: »

I wasn't trying to imply he had any more or any less voting right than the rest of you, I only commented on him because it was strange seeing him post since he hasn't been around for ages. That's all.

As for what happens next - we'll keep the name for the mean time and wait until An File returns before making a final decision.

I wasn't trying to imply he had more voting right than the rest of you, I only commented that it was strange seeing him post since he hasn't been around for ages. That's all.

I think, and I could be wrong
    He was just saying in a sideways way, he(jumpguy) never voted and now its to late.

• Advertisement

I think, and I could be wrong
    He was just saying in a sideways way, he(jumpguy) never voted and now its to late.
    I did vote, what I voted for, you may never know.

Or maybe you will.

But you probably won't.

But knifewrench I didn't mean that in a whiney way...I can never be whiney to someone like you, I'm overcome with jealousy that I never thought of your username before you. So it'd just be mean random personal jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

tbh he has more right than any of us, I wish he'd come back :(

I did vote, what I voted for, you may never know.

Or maybe you will.

But you probably won't.

But knifewrench I didn't mean that in a whiney way...I can never be whiney to someone like you, I'm overcome with jealousy that I never thought of your username before you. So it'd just be mean random personal jabs.
    Original :pac:
    We may find out though. ;)

Original :pac:
    We may find out though. ;)
    Yes, you may find out, yes, it's true, yes.

I wasn't trying to imply he had any more or any less voting right than the rest of you, I only commented on him because it was strange seeing him post since he hasn't been around for ages. That's all.

As for what happens next - we'll keep the name for the mean time and wait until An File returns before making a final decision.

If you'd like I'll give him a buzz, he's not busy tonight. I'll tell him to check this thread and get back to me, to get back to ye! Actually that's what I'll do now!

*removes shiny phone*
    380725745a11859458871l.jpg

*shiny!*
    380725745a11859458905l.jpg

*ah there he is!*
    380725745a11859458971l.jpg

*don't say that about Stev-o!*
    380725745a11859459000l.jpg

Yeah, so he said there probably wont be a change :(

EDIT: should point out, he's on speaker in that last one, I'm not just randomly staring at my phone and smiling :P

EDIT 2: I just noticed, in my phonebook An File is surrounded by girls! Now there's an unusual occurance! :D

@ Jumpguy.. Hmm were you hinting at something there??? :confused:

Onion- Love how hes down as 'An Fhile' Lol!

I wouldn't have it any other way! But yeah, from the words of the poet man himself, probably not going to happen now :(

Onion...we have the same laptop. Inspiron 1501? The processor tag is gone off mine too (it's beside the windows tag, in the bottom right corner, about the right speaker). It's even got the "Windows Vista Capable" tag.

This is a beautiful day.

Hehe, thanks for that Onion. But be honest - you don't care about the forum name, you just want to show off your shiny phone! :pac:

Onion...we have the same laptop. Inspiron 1501? The processor tag is gone off mine too (it's beside the windows tag, in the bottom right corner, about the right speaker). It's even got the "Windows Vista Capable" tag.

This is a beautiful day.
    That's right, I got the option of upgrading to that AMAZING operating system, and declined in what was probably the best decision ever. You'll also note that my "Y" and "P" keys have fallen off along with their rubber press-ey things, and it actually hurts to press the stupid things now!
    Hehe, thanks for that Onion. But be honest - you don't care about the forum name, you just want to show off your shiny phone! :pac:
    >_>
    <_<
    No comment ;)

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That's right, I got the option of upgrading to that AMAZING operating system, and declined in what was probably the best decision ever. You'll also note that my "Y" and "P" keys have fallen off along with their rubber press-ey things, and it actually hurts to press the stupid things now!
    Same here, thank God. I ran the Vista update checker and it said I wouldn't be able to work have the features. Windows Vista Capable Bearly I'd say.

My laptop has magic powers and can fix itself. My X key kept falling out at one point and I had to keep putting it in. One day, it just stayed in by itself. My speakers also went gammy at one point and fixed themselves then.

I also notice the area to the left and right of the touch pad is worn down.

Wheres the blue light from the bottom of your laptop coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

EDIT 2: I just noticed, in my phonebook An File is surrounded by girls! Now there's an unusual occurance! :D

Lol at 2 names below his! ;)

Also, you definitely have way too much spare time. My time is now filled with watching House. I love that guy.

Edit: Your phone also isn't that bew! I remember you had it at the Ac/DC gig! :P

Jay-P, ha, look at the name at the very top, look An File! *laughs loudly with joy* And I wouldn't say it took more that 10 minutes to make and post it like, and look at the extra effect it has on people, brightens their night!

EDIT: It may not be "new" but it's still shiny and top of the line, I've had it since February :)
    Same here, thank God. I ran the Vista update checker and it said I wouldn't be able to work have the features. Windows Vista Capable Bearly I'd say.

My laptop has magic powers and can fix itself. My X key kept falling out at one point and I had to keep putting it in. One day, it just stayed in by itself. My speakers also went gammy at one point and fixed themselves then.

I also notice the area to the left and right of the touch pad is worn down.

Wheres the blue light from the bottom of your laptop coming from?

Well my laptop got RAINED ON, for about 10 minutes, I dried it with a towel (have to open it up, there was even water in the battery compartment :eek:), left it for 3 days, and it worked again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Jay-P, ha, look at the name at the very top, look An File! *laughs loudly with joy*

That's funny cos I'm on on the joke :)

I know you guys aren't really gonna change the name now, but as someone who rarely ever posts here (if ever) but occasionally mooches around/lurks, i think the 'All the young dudes' name is great for this forum, and hugely better than the current one.

I thought this was just another ladies lounge when I first seen it. Not sure why, but it was only when I seen a few Leaving cert topics on the home page that lead me onto this forum that i realised what it actually was.

Well, you should post some more KKV :), did you vote?

Well, you should post some more KKV :), did you vote?

Well I don't really think there's a lot I can really contribute to this forum. I'm a 21 year old reclusive who rarely ventures into anything remotely social and spends far too much time focusing on WWE. I don't think I'd really fit in over here :o:(

I didn't vote, but I will now. What harm can be done.

EDIT:

The poll is closed. Rejection. Damn you young'uns taking the piss outta me! :(

:pac:

Well I don't really think there's a lot I can really contribute to this forum. I'm a 21 year old reclusive who rarely ventures into anything remotely social and spends far too much time focusing on WWE. I don't think I'd really fit in over here :o:(

I didn't vote, but I will now. What harm can be done.

EDIT:

The poll is closed. Rejection. Damn you young'uns taking the piss outta me! :(

:pac:

I'm 20, An File, one of the mods and regulars is 22, so I don't think you're too old just yet. Also, KKV's VOTE MAKES 16! Twist!

I'm 20, An File, one of the mods and regulars is 22, so I don't think you're too old just yet. Also, KKV's VOTE MAKES 16! Twist!

Well I may stick around for a little while, and mooch about the forum. Give my unwanted and hypocritical input when necessary.

Looks like KKV... Is young again :cool:

• Advertisement

I like how no one has questioned the fact that I have a screwdriver sitting on a plate next to my laptop

Advertisement