Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurowaste.

Options
  • 05-11-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

www.eurowaste.ie

Hi all- I am considering signing up to the above domestic waste collection service.

I have been offered Nov/Dec 2009 and all of 2010, 52 dom 52 recycling for €295.

Does anyone know about the viability of this company and how reputable they are?

Are they likely to go smack anytime soon?

Thanks!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

eh, thats terrific!

I'm also on euro waste
    I get weekly refuse/ bi-weekly recycling collection for €379 per annum.

I must hit them up to get what your getting.
    The only issue I've had is a minor direct debit thing but the corrected it quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

We just changed to Ozo. Think they might be cheaper than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

There's major competition in the market at the moment with huge savings to be made for the consumer. The "traditional" provider Greenstar seem to have fallen asleep or else are relying on consumer apathy in relation to people changing.
    I rang them two weeks ago to ask them their rates for next year, (contract coming up for renewal from Jan), was fobbed off with vague promises of reductions but nothing concrete.
    My advice would be to check all alternatives before renewing waste collection contracts for 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Ballymore Bins are excellent in our area, best price, they don't fling the bin off the back of their truck when it's empty but put it neatly and safely where they got it and, very handy, they send timely text reminders to put one's bin out and even which bin (standard or recycling) to put out. It's a great system and they seem very nice in our dealings with them.

:)

However, there's always a "however....", they won't come down a small road/lane even, as in our particular situation, where there's a couple of customers using them.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Eurowaste have reduced their charges for next year to approx the same as Ozo - main advantage of Eurowaste is that they pick up the recycling every week so you don't have to keep track of which weeks to put the bin out.

I've been using them for a couple of years and they haven't gone bust yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

We've been with Eurowaste for a couple of years, and are very pleased with the service.

Our house happens to be at the end of the route, so it can be 5 or later before the bins are collected.

On one occasion, the Eurowaste truck didn't come around that evening - but they did the next day, which I think is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

loobylou wrote: »
    There's major competition in the market at the moment with huge savings to be made for the consumer. The "traditional" provider Greenstar seem to have fallen asleep or else are relying on consumer apathy in relation to people changing.
    I rang them two weeks ago to ask them their rates for next year, (contract coming up for renewal from Jan), was fobbed off with vague promises of reductions but nothing concrete.
    My advice would be to check all alternatives before renewing waste collection contracts for 2010.

Eventually got my renewal letter from Greenstar, it's over €100 dearer than what Eurowaste are quoting. When I rang to enquire why, I was offered an immediate €48 reduction. It's still a no-brainer though, I'll be switching this year.
    The only downside I can see is that Eurowaste don't do a glass collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭StargazerLily

We've paid for the year with Greenstar but will be changing in January - about half the people on our road have gradually changed to Eurowaste over the past few months, and particularly this month. A guy from Ozo Waste called yesterday and their prices look much the same as the good deal offered by Eurowaste but I told him I wanted the weekly recycling collection as we seem to fill the green bin really quickly. He said they were sticking with the fornightly collections due to carbon emissions but if we wanted a second recycling bin that would be no extra cost. - will think about it but while it might be better for the planet....my little part of the planet, ie the narrow side passageway beside our house, couldn't cope with yet another wheelybin!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

He said they were sticking with the fornightly collections due to carbon emissions

AFAIK Eurowaste use a single truck (split down the middle) for both recycling and regular waste, so no extra carbon emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

loobylou wrote: »

I am changing to Eurowaste from the 1st Jan from Greenstar. They are much cheaper with more lifts and I like the weekly recycling lift. I almost went with Ozo (a rep called to the house) but they are more expensive - but not much. I rang Greenstar, as I have been with them from the Noble days and asked what they would offer. They pointed out that they give text notification for what bin to put out (which I don't use) and glass recycling (which I will miss). The person said that they would get back to me - that was 2 weeks ago and I still have not received the call. A letter is on the way to them cancelling the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

thanks to all involved in this thread, i was looking for a comparison between eurowaste and ozo to see if i could play them off against each other :D

will be sticking with eurowaste after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 2758675

loyatemu wrote: »
    AFAIK Eurowaste use a single truck (split down the middle) for both recycling and regular waste, so no extra carbon emissions.

I hope you know that is completely untrue! They say that all waste is separated but they cannot possibly judge capacities so all waste ends up in the exact same place. I've see this with my own eyes!! Its exactly like the corporation sending all the 'compost' bins straight to landfill. It's a joke. Pseudo-recycling. How ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mattdub

Im a bin truck driver and there are split back trucks and greenstar and eurowaste have them but you should look at the driver most of the time he takes you waste bin goes of and comes back later for your dry bin :confused: and all to land fill same as your compost

Advertisement