Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan, home of the biggest Full Irish.

Options
  • 04-11-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

1251888673.jpg
    Cavan has biggest full Irish

Local businessman Farrell Grogan has a go at the world's largest full Irish breakfast record attempt with encouragement from the staff of The Hard Boiled Egg, Kristina Veisa, Bridget Martin, John Gaughan, owner and Maggie Quinn.

Hung-over? Absolutely starving? Then head down to the Hard Boiled Egg cafe in Cavan town. They have launched a bid to be recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records as serving the largest Irish breakfast in the world.

The traditional Irish breakfast has often been maligned as a 'heart attack on a plate' but this was probably an exaggeration, until now.

The breakfast, which is now being served, consists of ten rashers, ten sausages, ten eggs, five pieces of pudding, five hash browns, chips, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans and ten slices of toast with plenty of tea. The team at Hard Boiled Egg should find out within the next month if their breakfast officially breaks the current world record.

A restaurant in Bristol in the UK is the current holder of the record with a breakfast that weighs in at six pounds and six ounces. The Cavan-based cafe beats this weight by a good eight ounces coming in at over seven pounds.

John Gaughan, owner of the Hard Boiled Egg cafe, said: "When we plated it up it's a huge, huge breakfast."

The record-breaking breakfast went on the menu over a week ago but the hungry punters must be working on their appetite. John said that a few people have promised to attempt the mammoth task of eating the entire breakfast. The breakfast is good value at €19.95, although if you can eat the entire thing in half an hour it is on the house. Free breakfast anyone?

He was on the radio today and stated that the meal is 7000 belly busting calories :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

*want*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Do they do any good lunches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Celticfire wrote: »

He was on the radio today and stated that the meal is 7000 belly busting calories :D

Can I get that on two slices of bread to go please?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Heard it on the radio aswell, if i am ever in Cavan I'll have to pop in I have to see this on a plate in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

uch wrote: »
    Can I get that on two slices of bread to go please?

Is ten slices of toast not enough for ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I WANT THE WHOLE LOT ON TWO SLICES OF BREAD

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A cavan man doing a big breakfast at a decent price?
    Gotta be a catch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

"....and can I have a Diet Coke with that please!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What I would give for a full Irish breakfast right now...... :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Heresy I know, but that's a bit too 'full' for my liking. I draw the line when the food is coming to rest in the top of my throat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

I will get hammered for this Im sure but while I would have a go at it I couldnt finish that breakfast. Is it possible to eat that much in one sitting?:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Celticfire wrote: »
    1251888673.jpgHe was on the radio today and stated that the meal is 7000 belly busting calories :D
    belly busting what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

kbannon wrote: »
    belly busting what? :confused:

Ok let me rephrase, He was on the radio today and stated that the meal is 29400 belly busting kilojoules. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Beers in Cavan anyone? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Degsy wrote: »
    A cavan man doing a big breakfast at a decent price?
    Gotta be a catch..

Its €45 into the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

Its €45 into the place.
    no its not... its alsp free if you finish it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Chips should not grace the plate of a full Irish.

*tut tut*

Heresy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just so everyone is kept up to speed, this was recently finished, and got into the record books.

A few bikers were going through town and stopped off for brekkie, and one of them polished it off in 20 minutes.

Apparently he stopped off at McD's on the way out of town for a McFlurry, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Just so everyone is kept up to speed, this was recently finished, and got into the record books.

A few bikers were going through town and stopped off for brekkie, and one of them polished it off in 20 minutes.

Apparently he stopped off at McD's on the way out of town for a McFlurry, too.

Wpw! Respect.:D
    I wondered if it was possible. Them biker guys are 'ard men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

PaulieD wrote: »
    Chips should not grace the plate of a full Irish.

*tut tut*

Heresy.

Here here,they should be where they belong, in a vinnegar soaked
    bag...for when your feelin peckish
    on the way home after

• Advertisement

I like my grub but wouldn't dream of tackling that, almost turns the tumy thinking about it.

Advertisement