Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fart Lenght

Options
  • 30-10-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Lads whats a commendable fart lenght in your opinion, I reckon a couple of seconds with a few note changes is pretty good, what's your opinions ?

21/25

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I made one before.

17cm.

Honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's not the fart length, it's the toxicity.

If it makes the dog run away, it's acceptable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Higher the pitch, the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

I managed 9 seconds once honest. Now I did stretch it a bit by not giving it the usual (sound maximisation) push. I timed it by retracing my steps as I was walking through the house (gingerly) at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

drink a shed load of guinness and have an indian and resist the urge to fart til the following morning. you will let one go that would tear the paint off walls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Last Night, sitting in bed on laptop, it just wouldnt end, i swear it was at least 15 seconds, topped off with a wee squeak at the end!!:D GF wasn't as impressed with me as i was with myself! This was her face:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

My auntie Nora had wind for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

gleep wrote: »
    Last Night, sitting in bed on laptop, it just wouldnt end, i swear it was at least 15 seconds, topped off with a wee squeak at the end!!:D GF wasn't as impressed with me as i was with myself! This was her face:eek:

There's another thing, why don't wimmin find farts as funny as we does ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

uch wrote: »
    There's another thing, why don't wimmin find farts as funny as we does ?

Because in a perfect world they don't fart........and in my world if I ruled, if they did fart God help them if it smelled.

:(

Longest fart I ever had was 8 seconds, medium pitch, carrot smell.

When I used to go out every Friday to the local I used to clear the bar with my "rotted Guinness" farts on a Saturday. Without fail, I always cleared the bar and never claimed it, let everyone else point the finger at each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Duggy747 wrote: »
    ... Without fail, I always cleared the bar and never claimed it, let everyone else point the finger at each other :D

Now that's real class :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

its always toxicity over volume IMO lads. Quieter ones tend to be the most pungent! From personal experience when you sit on leather and fart it tends to exacerbate the smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

GeeNorm wrote: »
    I managed 9 seconds once honest.

i managed 12 once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

This reminds me of this joke.

Man was in the pub when he suddenly realized he desperately needed to fart. The music was really, really loud, so he timed his farts with the beat.

After a couple of songs, he started to feel better. he finished his pint and noticed that everybody was staring at him.

Then suddenly he remembered that he was listening to his iPod with his headset on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

Max Power1 wrote: »
    its always toxicity over volume IMO lads. Quieter ones tend to be the most pungent! From personal experience when you sit on leather and fart it tends to exacerbate the smell!

I've heard been informed by a friend that fartin in the bath is the worst for smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Hot farts smell the worst. That is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Ye let one go in the shower. Ended up having to get out, it was burning my nose hairs of. You know its bad when you can't handle your own smells. Ye's im a guinness and Ale man.

I was outside a few weeks ago having a conversation with 3 other guys when I let off a quiet fart. All 4 of us had to move from where we were because of the smell, and couldn't go back to where we had originally been standing for about 5 minutes!

Another time, years ago, I was on a particularly boring holiday in Portugal with 2 friends. One evening we decided to have "elevator races" in our 13 floor apartment complex. 2 of us got into one lift, and our other friend got into one opposite. I farted somewhere around the second floor, and at the fourth floor this French guy got into our lift. My friend took this opportunity to escape, so I continued the journey upward with my new companion. At the top floor I fell out of the lift, gasping for breath. My other friend, who had arrived at the top ahead of me, said that he French guys face was nearly purple and he looked as if he was crying. The poor young sod had to travel back down the 13 floors on his own with the stink!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

try sittin in the kop for a sunday match between a load of guys who have been out the night before.my god,its a bloody gas mask u need for 90 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

If you let off a ripper in bed is it OK to hold the other halfs head under the blankets?:D

I believe its called a Dutch oven.

If you let off a ripper in bed is it OK to hold the other halfs head under the blankets?:D

I believe its called a Dutch oven.

If you trap a girls head under the covers while you let rip, she officially becomes your girlfriend.

So be warned!!! :p

• Advertisement

Fey! wrote: »
    If you trap a girls head under the covers while you let rip, she officially becomes your girlfriend.

So be warned!!! :p

So what happens if you do this to a bloke ?, I say this because me and me brother shared a bed from a young age till we were about 11 or twelve (due to family size) and because he was older than me he would do this at any opportunity, so does that mean I'm my brothers Girlfriend even though I have a tallywhacker ??

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

uch wrote: »
    So what happens if you do this to a bloke ?, I say this because me and me brother shared a bed from a young age till we were about 11 or twelve (due to family size) and because he was older than me he would do this at any opportunity, so does that mean I'm my brothers Girlfriend even though I have a tallywhacker ??

Rules is rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

the best way to check the lenght of a fart is to light a match next to your ars when farting ,a good one should travel 16 inches,whops sorry do you mean how long can you fart ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 modest_marie

Max Power1 wrote: »
    when you sit on leather and fart it tends to exacerbate the smell!

OMG... our couch at home smells like Cabbage LOL
    ...From the boys of course!

Girls don't fart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I let one rip one night when i was asleep, and I swear to god it woke me up and I got the fright of my life !! it was like i drank a bottle of coke and all the wind came out my as*s !!! it woke the cat and she ran out the room. i felt so empty inside after it, i was actually feeling hungry !! best fart EVER !!

oh and how is it that when you are strollfarting, it only ecapes when i ( just let one rip!! ) put my right foot down, yet im left footed :confused: crazy farts.

Reminds me of a time when I was looking at About The House with Duncan Straw-hair and some woman had built her house on top of a mountain in Wicklow and he said to her " God Mary, you must suffer from alot of wind up here " Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

id say my longest was between 5-7 seconds, very amateurish really but anytime ive got close to these times I always think, this is not going to end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Stones85 wrote: »
    I've heard been informed by a friend that fartin in the bath is the worst for smell.
    Wouldnt have thought that myself - sure it makes it more dramatic with the bubbling effect but worst for smell? Not in my experience people who talk about it with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Last year, I had an iffy tummy during the week and by Sunday thought some chesse on a sandwich would be OK. What followed was 8-10 hours of running to the bathroom with what eventually ended in watery diarrhea. Much running and more rehydration salts* later, there was filtered water** coming out by 2am. It all ended with The Wind of Winds that lasted a good 15-20 seconds and then everything was OK.

* Lemon OK. Blackcurrent hmmm, well it wasn't the worst expereince of the day.
    ** Complete with sweetcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

the wet ones are the best.

• Advertisement

BumbleB wrote: »
    the wet ones are the best.

Nah the ones that scratch you hole for you are the best

21/25

Advertisement