Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

darts advice

Options
  • 29-10-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭

where im from darts is not that big, our local league gets postponed now again and its hard to find anyone to practice with which is annoying

but i would like to setup some darts tournament in my area around christmas time, there would be people around and there might be some interest around then, but i just dont know what would be the best tournament to setup, the standard down here is poor so i doubt a singles comp would be great as there would be only 7 or 8 decent players here.

i was thinking of a doubles comp, but some advice would be great as i have never setup a tournament before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 assante

Go for it man ,I know you say there isint much competion down where you are but sure you are making a start and thats all that matters ,over the next few years if you organise it properly it might turn into one of the tournaments that everyone wants to go to.
    You should contact Dartgod on this site which would give you sound advice about running any tournament or another guy called [anydouble] who is a mind of information and wont put you on the wrong on the running of any tournament.
    Best of luck with it ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

The running of competitions like this is how darts develops in smaller areas, as long it is run right and fair darts in your area will only flourish.
    It may be a slow progress but you will see the rewards in time.
    Best of luck with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Go for it James. A lot of guys are left scratching their dart pouches over the Xmas looking for a game. You're already on the right track in having doubles. It takes just half the boards, half the space and half the time needed to run it.
    Also I've found over the years that a couple of buddies that are reasonably handy throwers will play together in doubles where they may be a bit nervous playing in a singles. Don't start too late on the day. Maybe charge E20 a pair to give everybody a chance to play.
    There are some great and very well run tournaments advertised on these pages but they are struggling to get players because of the high cost of entering.
    We might even cross the border from the Kingdom ourselves if it was an open tournament to support a fellow board member. smile.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

jamesbere wrote: »

but i would like to setup some darts tournament in my area around christmas time, there would be people around and there might be some interest around then, but i just dont know what would be the best tournament to setup

Good idea, James.
    A doubles competition would be good for starters.
    Give me call if you want any advice - - -

Advertisement