Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Counselling

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, Im wondering has anyone any advice. Been seeing a counsellor for over a year and a half and dont know when to stop. I feel Ive come to rely on going and yet I fight against it as I never thought I would be going to counselling for so long. When Ive brought it up about finishing I dont get any guidance or answer and then I dont push it and figure, ok if she is not saying I should finish then its fine for me to keep going. My counsellor is quite good, caring and compassionate. I guess Im not very good about being open enough. Am i just ignoring my instiincts about finsihing or just scared about making a break. Cannot believe I am in this situation.Any views are appreciated.

Samq
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hi samq, unfortunately you posted this in the wrong section, maybe try personal issues or a mod here might move it for you

Also unfortunate that despite the fact your post seems serious people felt the need to take the píss out of your mistake

On topic, if you feel ready to stop going then say it to your counsellor that you will be stopping in two sessions time (after the session in which you tell them) to give you the time to adjust to the finality of the idea and also to give the counsellor time to give you techniques to help with going it on your own

Oh and remember, if you need to go back, you can :)

All the best

Advertisement