Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€€€€€€ DART TOURNAMENT €€€€€&#8364

Options
  • 27-10-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Looking to run a darts Tournament in Clonmel Co Tipp next Month,

Clonmel is with in one hour of Cork, Waterford, Limerick, Kilkenny, Portlaoise etc so expecting to draw a big crowd on the night.

What should the cost to enter the event be keeping in mind i want to attract 40-50 players?

I would hope to develop this to a twice montly game and Gtd prize money of at least €1000 to start with.

Game will be played in a purpose built room with four Brand New Blade III'S on the wall with excellant lighting.

Cash games to follow the Tournament

And beverages & Food for all.

Please come back to me with some ideas, Views etc.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No more than 20e a head or you won't get the numbers unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

And you will be doing well to guarantee a grand a month. I have a feeling we have been down this road before.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

two things.
    Your boards are too close together. try standing at one of the middle two boards to score and you have another board right behind you. the scorer has ho room to move. they are unsafe to use.
    second get some good oches a bit of tape on the ground is no good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

is this Skyline ya?

id say even if a few regulars at the tables arent good at Darts they'll play it for the craic anyway..id expect a decent turnout

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Stick around E20 as already suggested. BE SURE to check both dartsinireland.com website, Page 727 TnaG and INDO at irelanddarts.com to avoid clashing with any other event and get your dates right and have flyers ready to place on every table at next Sunday's first round of the players champs.
    Have a minimum of 4 boards for games and one practise and start no later than 1pm.
    If you get 50 to play it covers the E1,000 (though I'm sure any bar holding it will expect to put money in also) and if more you'll up a few bob. However guarantee the money and if you get less entrants than needed the first day be prepared to take a hit initially if need be because if players know the money is there and paid out they'll turn up but if they hear it wasn't all paid out they'll march.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭PokerLover

two things.
    Your boards are too close together. try standing at one of the middle two boards to score and you have another board right behind you. the scorer has ho room to move. they are unsafe to use.
    second get some good oches a bit of tape on the ground is no good

I think you have the wrong venue in mind as there is no boards behind a player as you have said.

If there is a better darts set up in Munster please let me know because i have yet to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

PokerLover wrote: »
    I think you have the wrong venue in mind as there is no boards behind a player as you have said.

If there is a better darts set up in Munster please let me know because i have yet to see it.

not the players. the persons marking and calling the scores. they have no room to stand. or do you intend having the players score their own games.you need to spread the boards out a bit better. also might want to move the pool tables when you have these games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

PokerLover wrote: »

ardmanning house in cork city is a great set up, as far as i remember there are 11 boards, i think dartgod can comfirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭royrogers

Just wondering if this comp is going ahead, might get a few lads together to travel. What kind of standard of player are you hoping to attract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

jamesbere wrote: »
    ardmanning house in cork city is a great set up, as far as i remember there are 11 boards

You are right there, James, Ardmanning House is one of the best venues in the country with 10 boards and the stage.
    And they have been great supporters of darts in Cork for almost thirty years - - - long may it last !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dartgod wrote: »
    You are right there, James, Ardmanning House is one of the best venues in the country with 10 boards and the stage.
    And they have been great supporters of darts in Cork for almost thirty years - - - long may it last !

had my favourite moment in darts playing there, winning the league with the brown derby two years ago, great place:rolleyes:

Advertisement