Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your favourite movies of the year so far

• 22-10-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

[500] Days of Summer
    District 9
    The Hurt Locker
    Doubt
    Julie & Julia
    Star Trek
    Zombieland
    Coraline
    UP
    The Young Victoria
    The Damned United
    Away We Go
    The Milk of Sorrow
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

In order of preference:
    Star Trek
    Zombieland
    The Hurt Locker

I can't wait to see "This is it" though. I'd imagine that come the 28th that will be on top for me. I also haven't seen "Up" yet and I've heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Watchmen
    Tokyo!
    Adventureland
    Crank: High Voltage
    Star Trek
    Moon
    Dead Snow
    The Hurt Locker
    District 9
    Zombieland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

I thought people here didn't like list threads?

Seriously though, been underwhelmed this year. Star trek was light and breezy, but Summer never followed up on that promise. Inglourious Basterds and (500) Days of Summer were a breath of fresh air, and I adored Moon, but I found District 9 to be seriously overrated.

I've said it in other threads: I think 2009 is going to be back-loaded with some seriously great Oscar contenders (as opposed to last year with a strong summer and a weak awards season). Looking forward to Nine, Lovely Bones, Avatar, An Education and Invictus, among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

District 9 and Zombieland. Thats about it to be honest. Was disappointed with everything else I seen. Its not that I even think the two I picked where absolute classics but they where very enjoyable. There are a lot of movies on the way that im looking forward to so Im hoping for a strong finish to 2009 and good start to 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I liked District 9

Watchman was very enjoyable not having read the G/N before

Moon, now that was a damn good movie

Star Trek was just unbearable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Up 3D
    Watchmen

Advertisement