Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this considered Vegan - Kelkin dairy and egg free mayo

Options
  • 19-10-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

http://www.kelkin.ie/prod_dairyfreemayonnaise.html

I was in my local supervalu yesterday and saw this and thought great a mayo for my relatives when they are home, Now i know dairy and egg free is good but the additives it mentions is what I am unsure of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

Hmm it is worrying that they don't say suitable for vegans, though I can't see anything in the ingredient list that wouldn't be suitable for vegans.
    If you are worried about it go to health food stores, they have vegan mayonnaise that have the vegan stamp on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I've used it before (very sweet!). As a vegan, I'd say it's grand. To get the vegan symbol they'd have to pay The Vegan Society for the privilege... I'll have a look again next time I see it. I would indeed be surprised that it wasn't labelled as vegan, but, egg-free and dairy free looks good. I guess you have to consider that some consider that a (strict) vegetarian follows the same diet of vegans. I think one term often used is pure vegetarain or true vegetarian, when they also mean vegan.... Anyhow, enough rambling here... I can't find a complaint about Kelkin :)

You could always email them for piece of mind.
    info@kelkin.ie

http://www.kelkin.ie/contactus.php

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If it aint got egg in, it aint Mayonnaise!!

It's salad cream.

Advertisement