Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Is not God

Options
  • 18-10-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Very Simply why is Phil Taylor treated so much differently to all the other pro's? Just home from Killarney today and can't understand why Phil is in his own private room and only comes out to play his games. All the other pro's are in and around the boards and drinking and been darts player, Phil is the best by a mile but no excuse for totally arrogants. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

The Posh wrote: »
    Very Simply why is Phil Taylor treated so much differently to all the other pro's? Just home from Killarney today and can't understand why Phil is in his own private room and only comes out to play his games. All the other pro's are in and around the boards and drinking and been darts player, Phil is the best by a mile but no excuse for totally arrogants. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of Ted Hankey at the British Open, same carry on but Hankey did not win it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Posh

The other pro's must hate the sight of phil for that reason alone?
    His should leave the sport if its to much bother to chalk a board or talk to his fellow player. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Reminds me of Ted Hankey at the British Open, same carry on but Hankey did not win it!

I lived in Llandudno, North Wales until i moved here 3yrs ago, just before Hankey won the Embassy he used to go to the Crosville Club in Llandudno Junction most Saturday lunchtimes, he'd be there for 3/4 hours.
    He'd charge peeps 2quid to play him, 1 game of 1001, if ya beat him he'd give ya 50quid.
    We had some great county players but Hankey won every one, this went on for a few months (not every Sat mind) until Paul Bryant hammered him, i think Paul hit a 23 dart leg. Hankey started arguing that he wanted double or quits, Paul just wanted his money, Hankey paid up and walked out, never seen there again.
    What a feckin sap

Bring back John Lowe and Bristow real people and real class

Best throw of the day was by some young Irish guy 165 left and hit ''Dead eye''.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Well i haven't been in yet, might go in tomorrow for a while...(live only 30 mins from INEC) But to be fair to Taylor, he'd be surrounded by fans alll day looking for autographs. Not a perfect way to prepare to win a tournament.... I reckon that if you met Phil, he'd be one of the nicest fellows you could meet... you pay a price for success.. .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

All the other pro's are in and around the boards and drinking and been darts player,

.............and not winning nearly every single tournament going.

Ever think he's got the right idea in being professional so he can win?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Devastator wrote: »
    Ever think he's got the right idea in being professional so he can win?

That's not the point. I'm sure the other players wouldn't be able to act the way Phil does with his own practice room and minder etc. How many practice rooms would you need if everyone got their own room? He is treated differently to the other players by the PDC and even though he doesn't need it, it still gives him an unfair advantage over the others. Very bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

what a load of crap, taylor has brought darts out of the smokey pubs into the big time .

if taylor left the sport ticket sales would drop prize money will drop ,interest will drop.

every sport has its icons ,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

jwshooter wrote: »
    what a load of crap, taylor has brought darts out of the smokey pubs into the big time .

if taylor left the sport ticket sales would drop prize money will drop ,interest will drop.

every sport has its icons ,

No one is disputing that, everything you said above is true.

It still does not mean that he should be treated any differently than the other players are. He is good enough to win the tournament without getting any advantages. It seems as if the PDC try too hard to keep Taylor happy and don't give the other players the same respect. That's not on and shouldn't be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

Bring back John Lowe and Bristow real people and real class

Best throw of the day was by some young Irish guy 165 left and hit ''Dead eye''.

Are you on another planet bristow a real person and class, he is the biggest knob head that ever played darts and a complete ignorant ass hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

CORRO77 wrote: »
    Are you on another planet bristow a real person and class, he is the biggest knob head that ever played darts and a complete ignorant ass hole.

Back with a bang I see!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

CORRO77 wrote: »
    Saw Bristow in a Limerick exhibition in the 80's. He spent most of the night arguing with his then squeeze Maureen Flowers and was in ratty form. He was getting well paid for his troubles but when a kid asked him for an autograph on page from a notebook Bristow balled it up and said he did not sign bits of papaer, fag boxes or anything else and if anybody wanted his signature they could either buy a photograph for 2 quid or a plate with his smiling face on it for a fiver. I don't think that kid went to many exhibitions after that !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Explain that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Posh viewpost.gif

Quote:
    Explain that one.

I'd like to hear the answer to that one myself ? and I thought I'd seen it all !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Explain that one.

It's the same as a 166 :pac:

Explain that one.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Posh viewpost.gif

Quote:
    Explain that one.

I'd like to hear the answer to that one myself ? and I thought I'd seen it all !

Easy!

Derren Brown was doing the chalking :D

Guys in england we call 3 bulleye's in one throw deadeye.
    no idea what its called here. ''it might never had been done'' :D

On saturday some young guy was down 3-0 and had 165 left,
    are ye with me so far????:eek:
    He when in and went for bull first for some crazy reason, his first second and final darts all hit the bull ........ Dead eye .........

that was not over hard to figure out guys :D:D:D

Laters Paddys:D;)

Guys in england we call 3 bulleye's in one throw deadeye.
    no idea what its called here. ''it might never had been done'' :D

On saturday some young guy was down 3-0 and had 165 left,
    are ye with me so far????:eek:
    He when in and went for bull first for some crazy reason, his first second and final darts all hit the bull ........ Dead eye .........

that was not over hard to figure out guys :D:D:D

Laters Paddys:D;)

Firstly, "Laters Paddys", 10/10 for originality :rolleyes:

Secondly, in england do you play some special rules that if you get 3 bulleyes you are given 15 bonus points or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

I'd imagine at an open tournament like that that he'd be absolutely mobbed. When I was at the Players Championship in Dublin he chalked the very first game, sat at a table like anyone else and signed autographs and stood for photos when asked. He was also the only player I saw that stayed and watched the final after he'd been beaten. Likewise when I saw him in Castlebar a couple of years ago when this was open to the general public.

Devastator wrote: »
    Firstly, "Laters Paddys", 10/10 for originality :rolleyes:

Secondly, in england do you play some special rules that if you get 3 bulleyes you are given 15 bonus points or something:confused:

Were in any of my posts did i say he won the game?
    Well done, you know you can't finish on 165.

To make this easy for you, he had 165 left ( can't finish in 3 darts ):)
    He went to the board and with his first dart hit bull, why he went that way i don't know. second dart he went for bull again and hit it . ( now he has 65 left and only one dart in his hand, S0 he can't finish }

Last dart he went for the 25 to leave tops but hit the bull yet again.( 15 left to do. 50 + 50 + 50 = 150... 165-150=15 }:p To let ye know he lost the game four to nil.

3 bulls in one thrown is great great darts.

I hope i broke that down enough for you.:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Last dart he went for the 25 to leave tops but hit the bull yet again.( 15 left to do. 50 + 50 + 50 = 150... 165-150=15 }:p To let ye know he lost the game four to nil.

Three bulls in one throw when you are trying for three bulls in one throw are great darts.

Hitting three bulls when you aren't going for three bulls is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Three bulls in one throw when you are trying for three bulls in one throw are great darts.

Hitting three bulls when you aren't going for three bulls is a different story.

yeah its just bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Were in any of my posts did i say he won the game?
    Well done, you know you can't finish on 165.

To make this easy for you, he had 165 left ( can't finish in 3 darts ):)
    He went to the board and with his first dart hit bull, why he went that way i don't know. second dart he went for bull again and hit it . ( now he has 65 left and only one dart in his hand, S0 he can't finish }

I hope i broke that down enough for you.:D:D:D

Posh, we all try and help each other and have fun here talking about darts, not talking ****e and annoying people.
    Maybe you should consider that before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

from what i heard it wasnt phil taylor who wanted his own pratice room ect.
    it was the venue that felt it nesseary . i agree it was well out of order especially when the final had to be delayed for him to come into the building if that was you or me late for a game it would have been a walk over.

Advertisement