Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royce the 59

Options
  • 13-10-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Album is out, maybe some of you are fans of him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I REALLY like Dinner Time with Busta Rhymes, great track. Old skool flow with a fantastic beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I REALLY like Dinner Time with Busta Rhymes, great track. Old skool flow with a fantastic beat.

dinner time is crazy, they both rip it! i don't really like the new delivery royce is using, kinda sounds forced or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Haven't listened to Royce in a couple of years, Really liken Dinner Time. Might check the album out. Whats it called?

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Haven't listened to Royce in a couple of years, Really liken Dinner Time. Might check the album out. Whats it called?

its called street hip, haven't heard it all yet but from what i did hear dier time is the best track

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cookie Jar wrote: »

here's dinner time:

absolute banger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

just listens to first 5/6 songs, superb so far

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

interested in some more recommendations of royce. trying out youtube but couple pointers would be sweet

Da GOAT wrote: »
    interested in some more recommendations of royce. trying out youtube but couple pointers would be sweet

check out boom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQNDRrZflBA

scary movie with eminem ( royce owns this!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8lTPdO5epw

hip hop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPC7QZKeJi8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I would also recommend some of his feature's on other tracks, in particular "Losing Out" from Black Milk's Tronic album and "Motown 25" from Elzhi's Preface album. He just rips them!

Black Milk - Losing Out

[/YOUTUBE]
    Elzhi - Motown 25

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Street Hop is amazing, great job from Royce, ever since SlaughterHouse got it together they have been on top of their game..

Any fans of Royce who dont know SlaughterHouse (Royce, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden and Crooked I) check them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye albums good... him and slaughterhouse doin big things now dey gettin signed to shady/aftermath no messin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

royce is the nicest out right now, I thought he was ok back when Boom came out, like, I love primo but wasn;t gone on Royce but now, good lord, he is killing everyone.

Royce > You're favorite rapper right now.

This album is a, in my humble opinion, a classic, not a bad track and it's not full of stupid skits every 3 tracks, and some tracks are just wow.

Dinner Time, Gun Harmonizing (the version without Corrked I is actually better I reckon, but Crooked still kills it), Shake This, Gangster, Hood Love and Bad Boy are my favoeite tracks, but that said, there isn't a song I don't like on the album.

Wasn't expecting much form it after hearing the slaughterhouse album which I thought was a major let down and they rushed it way too much to capitalize on the buzz they had going and it back fired. The Revival EP did kind of give me hope, but wasn't expecting it to be "that" good, so was just blown away by how good it was.

Seaneh wrote: »
    royce is the nicest out right now, I thought he was ok back when Boom came out, like, I love primo but wasn;t gone on Royce but now, good lord, he is killing everyone.

Royce > You're favorite rapper right now.

This album is a, in my humble opinion, a classic, not a bad track and it's not full of stupid skits every 3 tracks, and some tracks are just wow.

Dinner Time, Gun Harmonizing (the version without Corrked I is actually better I reckon, but Crooked still kills it), Shake This, Gangster, Hood Love and Bad Boy are my favoeite tracks, but that said, there isn't a song I don't like on the album.

Wasn't expecting much form it after hearing the slaughterhouse album which I thought was a major let down and they rushed it way too much to capitalize on the buzz they had going and it back fired. The Revival EP did kind of give me hope, but wasn't expecting it to be "that" good, so was just blown away by how good it was.

A classic? seroiusly?? im not trying to argue with ya or anything but the album only got released today, bit early to call it a classic.
    It's a good album, dinner time is a monster of a track but the album isn't great imo. He's trying way too hard to be gangster

Personally royce during his death is certain days and before hand was a much better emcee than he is now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Album seems pretty nice.

Regarding Motown 25, easily one of the best Hip-Hop songs of this decade.

Pity Royce and Em fell out, liked the songs they did together.

Agreed, mowtown 25 is a killer track, elzhi and royce rip it up. Royce should have gotten some black milk production for his new lp, one of the best producers in the game.

I'd say theirs a chance royce and em will do more tracks together, em signed royce and the rest of slaughterhouse to shady/aftermath.

anyone free to give the album a rating/breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Agreed, mowtown 25 is a killer track, elzhi and royce rip it up. Royce should have gotten some black milk production for his new lp, one of the best producers in the game.

I'd say theirs a chance royce and em will do more tracks together, em signed royce and the rest of slaughterhouse to shady/aftermath.

slightly off topic but... agreed on that motown 25, brilliant. black milk's production on that album was excellent. purchased tronic on the back of that album and thought it was pretty weak, any other black milk recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

royce goin in on Charles Hamelton

What the **** is with Royce backing out of a challenge. Just heard something 2 ride 2 and very pissed off that he just has Phonte singing a hook! What a waste. Te and Royce going in over preemo beats would have been an instant classic! He did the same on the slaughterhouse album by only having pharoah monch singing the hook on salute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

loving the album, Shake This is probably my favorite Hip Hop album of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

quality album.. tho i see what some are saying about him doing the gangster thing a bit much..."thing for your girlfriend" is gas

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looking forward to hearing this, will be checking it out tomorrow.
    Seems to be getting positive reviews everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

i feel for royce on this one.. if it had of been promoted better maybe he would have sold more then 4000 copies or whatever it was.. such a shame, great cd.

very good album imo. keeping 8 tracks on my ipod. 6 very goods ones and 2 im undecided.

very good album imo. keeping 8 tracks on my ipod. 6 very goods ones and 2 im undecided.

how can an album be very good if you are keeping less than half the songs on your Ipod?

definition of a good album to me. i dont want loads of meh songs filling up my 8gb ipod.

definition of a good album to me. i dont want loads of meh songs filling up my 8gb ipod.

Each to his own i guess, but if damn near every track on an album can't hold my attention i would never class it as good. Then again, i do have an 80g Ipod (and an 8g too)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Pity Royce and Em fell out, liked the songs they did together.
    I think they're on good terms again, Royce can be seen in the Forever video on Em's verse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement