Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will lack of practise ruin my game?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm posting this from work here, seem to be at work most of the fecking time these days and I seem to be getting in feck all practise!With the league starting next week I think the lack of practise is really gonna affect my game, any suggestions folks on what to do:confused: Seriously thinking about getting one of those darts stands for work!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'm posting this from work here, seem to be at work most of the fecking time these days and I seem to be getting in feck all practise!With the league starting next week I think the lack of practise is really gonna affect my game, any suggestions folks on what to do:confused: Seriously thinking about getting one of those darts stands for work!

I'm in the same boat. No way I could get one of those dart stands so I think I'm gonna have to try find a pub near my work so I can at least get an hour of practice in during lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

At least you have a job. :mad:

Just kidding. :p A darts stand for work! Sounds like a plan if you can get away with it. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

At least you have a job. :mad:

Just kidding. :p A darts stand for work! Sounds like a plan if you can get
    away with it. :cool:

Got the ok from me boss to put a stand up, I might get one in a few weeks!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

quit

:eek:

Devastator wrote: »
    quit

:eek:

LOL!:DMy job or darts?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It is going to affect your darts if you think that this is going to affect your darts.

Remember that darts is a mental game first and foremost.

Practice when you can and stay positive.

It is going to affect your darts if you think that this is going to affect your darts.

Remember that darts is a mental game first and foremost.

Practice when you can and stay positive.

Well said Rented, thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

LOL!:DMy job or darts?;)

C'mon, don't be silly, quitting darts :eek::mad: Blasphemy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

not so long ago you didn't have a job. Don't worry your a good player your just worrying about your darts to have something different to worry about. before it was work now its darts just relax and you'll be ok

not so long ago you didn't have a job. Don't worry your a good player your just worrying about your darts to have something different to worry about. before it was work now its darts just relax and you'll be ok

Cheers buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

don't worry about it, when you do practicse work more on your finishing and less on scoring. Playing 170 is a good game. You still get treble practice but your always thinking in terms of finishing, learning your shots and getting alot of time on your shots and doubles.

It may improve your match game concentration as your not darted out come game time from too much practice.

Advertisement